teach me

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GodFan

Aquarium Advice Addict
I work night shift. Breaks can be boring so I have the AA app. So tonight I want you to teach me something. Anything you want that might be odd. I have a good hamdle on the hobby but can always learn!

I am starting ky first brackish tank soon so that would be a good teaching subject :)

God bless!

Very interesting! I plan to keep waspfish (butterfly gobies) and everglades flounder. I want something else not bottom dwelling but not sure what yet :)
I know nothing of brackish but a lionfish (stonefish) would be cool if you have proper tank size.

I know nothing of brackish but a lionfish (stonefish) would be cool if you have proper tank size.

That is what I originally wanted but I cant seem to find any. I really like the oyster stonefish!

Yeah
I've never seen one, only the salt water ones!

I would do a saltwater one. If I could find one at a reasonable price. They wouldnt be as demanding as most salty fish since most of them are used to salinity changes I believe.
The only reason I wont go salt is because I know I will not be able to keep the sg steady.

Haha yeah
Out of curiosity how big is your brackish tank?

cool! Surprisingly in brackish there's a lot you can do with a 20 gallon.

Like? I have seen alot of people saying it is limited. I dont want bumble bee gobies and thats the big one I see recomended. I wanted this tank to have 1 really mean lookin fish. Thats why I wanted a toadfish. Then I settled on waspfish. Small mean venomous fish lol

Well that link rmiller provided had In it a nice list of fishes that will work but most of them were small Innocent fishes. As far as I know a single wasp fish would be best for what you're wanting.

Well that link rmiller provided had In it a nice list of fishes that will work but most of them were small Innocent fishes. As far as I know a single wasp fish would be best for what you're wanting.

A single one? I was gonna get 4 lol that list only had a few fish for a 20 gallon. I would even go freshwater if shown a mean largish fish for it.

Can you tell how much I know about brackish yet? Lol I have no clue on them, only seen a few pictures. You could probably do four but I'm not really the person that would know.

Can you tell how much I know about brackish yet? Lol I have no clue on them, only seen a few pictures. You could probably do four but I'm not really the person that would know.[/QUOTE!]

Hopefully they will be ok. If I find out they cant I will try and find a stonefish afterall lol

What about green spotted puffer. They are my favorite fish. They look cute but are nasty eaters they can crunch up anything with a shell. They don't do well with tank mates so they are the nasty fish you are looking for but they also have a puppy dog like personality greeting you when you come in so they wont get boring. They are fun little fish and they are brackish.

What about green spotted puffer. They are my favorite fish. They look cute but are nasty eaters they can crunch up anything with a shell. They don't do well with tank mates so they are the nasty fish you are looking for but they also have a puppy dog like personality greeting you when you come in so they wont get boring. They are fun little fish and they are brackish.

Very cool! Would one be ok with a few waspfish since itbis venomous?

Back
Top Bottom