Teen aquarists

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If its only been three weeks, it will come soon. If the lights have been on each day then it probably will come sooner than later. But sometimes it takes a month or so

Yeah, I leave the lights except for a few minutes to show my dad what it looks like

Attachments

• image-727503206.jpg
    image-727503206.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 12
  • image-3367673932.jpg
    image-3367673932.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 12
  • image-2767315582.jpg
    image-2767315582.jpg
    167 KB · Views: 10
Ooh I thought you meant you had no ammonia or nitrite. But no you're not cycled yet!!

Probably in the year or 2, man that sounds horrible

I don't really like moving cause it seems like each move makes you farther away from most of your friends. Also, then you have to get used to new schools and all that. Staying in same state or somewhere farther away?

I don't really like moving cause it seems like each move makes you farther away from most of your friends. Also, then you have to get used to new schools and all that. Staying in same state or somewhere farther away?

Same school and everything, we just out grew were we are now

Wow you are new! Thats great! If you need any help, this thread is full of great fishkeepers! What are you planning on putting in the 10 gallon?
I was going to put my betta in it, but I also wanted to get some other fish to put in the tank, but I'm very unsure about doing that with the size of the tank and a betta in there also. What do you think?

I was going to put my betta in it, but I also wanted to get some other fish to put in the tank, but I'm very unsure about doing that with the size of the tank and a betta in there also. What do you think?

I'm actually not too sure, i haven't dealt a lot with fish that can fit in a 10 gallon, i have african cichlids, which are a bigger fish. I would think it would be okay though, and I doubt the betta would bother the other fish if they are just small schooling ones, but don't go by me! There are a few other guys who know a lot more about these fish than I do! ;) i think fishcr8zy can help you out a little more!

Welcome! Bettas are very hit-and-miss in community tanks. Even if you have room for more fish, the betta still could not get along with its tankmates. In a 10g with a betta you could do some pygmy or panda corys, and possibly some otos. You could POSSIBLY have 5-6 very small fish such as chili rasbora as well. Just be SURE to have a backup plan if things go wrong. Whenever I try bettas in communities I have an empty 2.5-5g laying around to put it in if he doesn't like his tankmates.

Back
Top Bottom