The Sixty Gallon Build :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Gboy66 said:
Remember..they are sensitive!!!

I know I know!! Don't jinx me! I'm going to take every Special precaution and all that. They're gonna drip acclimate for 2 hours along with floating for a half hour. I hope they do ok :|

My rummies are great. I have never had an issue with them, they even survived a tank crash that claimed the lives of some of their friends. I hope yours do well too. :)

absolutangel04 said:
My rummies are great. I have never had an issue with them, they even survived a tank crash that claimed the lives of some of their friends. I hope yours do well too. :)

Hopefully :). Do you think stocking 12 rummies and a gbr at once is too much?

I checked-they're tank bred :D

I don't think so. Since you did the fishless cycle, you should have enough BB to cover that much bioload. At least, thats what I think.

absolutangel04 said:
I don't think so. Since you did the fishless cycle, you should have enough BB to cover that much bioload. At least, thats what I think.

Agreed...but i always feel sketchy adding that many fish. What if its bad stock and all rummys die? I'd rather loose 6 than 12...

Sorry if im scaring you man lol!

Gboy66 said:
Agreed...but i always feel sketchy adding that many fish. What if its bad stock and all rummys die? I'd rather loose 6 than 12...

Sorry if im scaring you man lol!
Your not scaring me lol. I'm going to see what the rummies look like tomorrow before buying any. But a gbr for sure :) then, next weekend, the apisto.

I got them! They were having a half of all fish sale so I got 14 rummies and a male juvenile gbr. I think I went a bit overboard, but the ram was only 5 bucks! What a deal lol.

George9 said:
I got them! They were having a half of all fish sale so I got 14 rummies and a male juvenile gbr. I think I went a bit overboard, but the ram was only 5 bucks! What a deal lol.

Congrats!

George9 said:

Awesome man! Its easy to go overboard on those half off sales :)

I know right? I'm going back next weekend and buying the cories and apisto for half off.

The rummies don't have all their color yet, theyre kinda dull still. And some are not schooling with the rest. But the ram looks awesome, he's soo tiny probably like an inch and a half.

Hmm, should I have gotten two rams-a male and a female?

There was one casualty last night, it was one of the smaller weaker rummies. All the others are schooling at the bottom now and starting to show some color! I noticed that the rainbow had been picking on the gbr a little. Hopefully, they'll stop.
I had a really hard time taking a picture of the rummies, If I get a better shot today, I'll post it.
34nick2.jpg

Heres the GBR-
syrngn.jpg

I'll get some more shots later :)

George9 said:
There was one casualty last night, it was one of the smaller weaker rummies. All the others are schooling at the bottom now and starting to show some color! I noticed that the rainbow had been picking on the gbr a little. Hopefully, they'll stop.
I had a really hard time taking a picture of the rummies, If I get a better shot today, I'll post it.

Heres the GBR-

I'll get some more shots later :)

Sorry for your casualty man :-( i'm glad the other ones are doing good though! That GBR looks tiny!

skywhitney said:
Sorry for your casualty man :-( i'm glad the other ones are doing good though! That GBR looks tiny!

Yeah lol he is very tiny and so cute. He's a juvenile gbr, that's all they had, the lfs was a MAD HOUSE because if the 50% sale and all the big ones were gone I guess. I want to go back and get some espei rasboras if they have any still :D

George9 said:
Yeah lol he is very tiny and so cute. He's a juvenile gbr, that's all they had, the lfs was a MAD HOUSE because if the 50% sale and all the big ones were gone I guess. I want to go back and get some espei rasboras if they have any still :D

Yeah! Those guys are cool! I'm thinking about getting some for my tank as well :)

George9 said:
Yeh, they are super cool! They'd look great in your 60 gallon!
Heres another pic-he looks better in the dark lol

He really is a cool looking guy!

Wow, that is one tiny little ram. What a cutie pie!
Losing one weak looking rummy isn't so bad. When I got mine, I lost one too. I didn't notice that he had an injury when I bought him. I am sorry about your little guy, but I am glad to hear the rest are coloring up. :)
Mine don't always school together either. They school around together and then randomly split up and each go their own way for awhile. In general, they school pretty well, but they apparently like their alone time too. Lol.

1 out of 12 is a pretty good ratio :) now you have me thinking about using a GBR as my centerpiece....too many options!

Its actually 1 out of 14 lol. Which is even better! I just fed them flakes for the first time today because the nls pellets were a big too big for some of the rummies. It was super cool cwatching them all eat. Anyway, the ram came to the curface but he didn't get any food I don't think. I'm a little worried that some of the tetras will always out compete him for food. Is there any way I can ensure he gets food, or should I not worry about it right now?

Back
Top Bottom