The Sixty Gallon Build :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I got some better pics with the good camera! They still arent crystal clear, but better lol

68zuhy.jpg

zvwzls.jpg

The indica appears to be dying or something too! ugh

vg0heg.jpg

Those are some beautiful Angels, they look great!

Yeah, but the only thing is it streches out after a while. But it will do! So, you think a mon-wed-fri schedule is okay?

Mon, Wed, Fri then roughly a 50% water change on Sunday.

Look into EI dosing for all the specifics. Since you're going to upgrade your lights and you're low CO2 you can just adjust the dosing to meet your needs. :)

skywhitney said:
Mon, Wed, Fri then roughly a 50% water change on Sunday.

Look into EI dosing for all the specifics. Since you're going to upgrade your lights and you're low CO2 you can just adjust the dosing to meet your needs. :)

Okay thanks. I will look into it! I can't wait to be able to grow any plant! This is gonna be really nice.

I hope I can snatch the deal on the lights. Theres one other guy interested, and the seller isn't online very much so it's hard lol.

George9 said:
Okay thanks. I will look into it! I can't wait to be able to grow any plant! This is gonna be really nice.

I hope I can snatch the deal on the lights. Theres one other guy interested, and the seller isn't online very much so it's hard lol.

I hope you can too man. That'd be awesome!

Check craigslist too, there are some pretty sick deals on there too.

Wow you've done a lot with the tank, looks great! Your fish are gorgeous!
I'm actually going to try the EI method of dosing and change over to dry ferts and see if that helps my plants too (and add more light). :) Hopefully our tanks will be a pretty lush green before too long!

Wow you've done a lot with the tank, looks great! Your fish are gorgeous!
I'm actually going to try the EI method of dosing and change over to dry ferts and see if that helps my plants too (and add more light). :) Hopefully our tanks will be a pretty lush green before too long!

Hehe yeah I hope so!

I've been talking with some members on the live chat and they say a 4 bulb is a baaad idea with no co2. I'm kinda disappointed. I'll keep researching though

George9 said:
Hehe yeah I hope so!

I've been talking with some members on the live chat and they say a 4 bulb is a baaad idea with no co2. I'm kinda disappointed. I'll keep researching though

Take one out and run 3 bulbs for the time being. If you get two ottles of the DIY and three lights you should be fine.

Take one out and run 3 bulbs for the time being. If you get two ottles of the DIY and three lights you should be fine.

They also told me that most fixtures wont run with one bulb missing. I'm just gonna try and go for it and see what happens. and I still do have to get that airline connector and get another co2 goin

you could just cover a cheap light that fits in it in duct tape or something. that way it wouldnt give off light,or at least not for very far. and by the way,your tank seems awesome,FTS?

you could just cover a cheap light that fits in it in duct tape or something. that way it wouldnt give off light,or at least not for very far. and by the way,your tank seems awesome,FTS?

Maybe I will try that, but duct tape seems like it would melt or something. Ill have to think of something. What does FTS mean?

Maybe I will try that, but duct tape seems like it would melt or something. Ill have to think of something. What does FTS mean?
full tank shot. and maybe hockey stick tape,its made of cloth but im not sure how the glue would hold up

Why, yes I do! Taken today.

FTS the rotala looks green, but a lot of it is actually yellow green :(
14akhuc.jpg

My swords I was disappointed with until I saw a new leaf on the ozelot, and on one of them that hasn't grown a new leaf since I got it! yayaya

v3q0ox.jpg

I'm really on the fence about the lighting too. The guys on the chat say they dont recommend it, but sky hasnt had too many problems before co2. agahahaha what would you do?

Why, yes I do! Taken today.

FTS the rotala looks green, but a lot of it is actually yellow green :(
14akhuc.jpg

My swords I was disappointed with until I saw a new leaf on the ozelot, and on one of them that hasn't grown a new leaf since I got it! yayaya

v3q0ox.jpg

I'm really on the fence about the lighting too. The guys on the chat say they dont recommend it, but sky hasnt had too many problems before co2. agahahaha what would you do?

man,your tank looks great. im going to go aquascape...as soon as my jewels lose the rest of there fry. i like my fingers

George9 said:
They also told me that most fixtures wont run with one bulb missing. I'm just gonna try and go for it and see what happens. and I still do have to get that airline connector and get another co2 goin

I guess it could depend on the fixture but i dont see why it wouldnt run without a bulb...that would mean if you ever burnt one bulb out you'd be without a light until you got a replacement.

Thanks Alexx!

skywhitney said:
I guess it could depend on the fixture but i dont see why it wouldnt run without a bulb...that would mean if you ever burnt one bulb out you'd be without a light until you got a replacement.

I think it means that if there was no bulb at all in the spot it wouldn't turn on. I dunno, I think I'll just go for it :)

I would also be weary of wrapping a bulb in tape. The heat might cause it to pop (i'm probably paranoind but i'd play on the side of caution). I'm sure we can figure something out if the fixture won't run with a bulb missing

skywhitney said:
I would also be weary of wrapping a bulb in tape. The heat might cause it to pop (i'm probably paranoind but i'd play on the side of caution). I'm sure we can figure something out if the fixture won't run with a bulb missing

Yep! We'll work it out. I'm just gonna get the fixture and see what happens. It can't be that bad. Gotta live on the edge!! If this works out with high light, I'll probably get my nice dwarf sag carpet i want sooner!

The seller of the fixture makes like one post a day on the thread, it's taking soo long!

Back
Top Bottom