The Sixty Gallon Build :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
George9 said:
Yep! We'll work it out. I'm just gonna get the fixture and see what happens. It can't be that bad. Gotta live on the edge!! If this works out with high light, I'll probably get my nice dwarf sag carpet i want sooner!

The seller of the fixture makes like one post a day on the thread, it's taking soo long!

Did you send them a PM also?

skywhitney said:
Did you send them a PM also?

Not yet, but i should, when i seal the deal, maybe tomorrow. It really doesn't help to do it now because he still only logs on once a day, must be a busy guy. Its mr_x if you've seen him around.

skywhitney said:
Awesome man. I'm pullin for ya :)

Oh my gawd, still no reply! I pmd him.I ordered some bags too the other day :) should be here soon

I'm FINALLY seeing growth wisteria. It only took a long time. My cabomba heads can't stop growing, and I have a new leaf on my ozelot, and another sword that hasn't grown at all since i got it! I'm so happy! If only the rotala will look nice and lively

George9 said:
Oh my gawd, still no reply! I pmd him.I ordered some bags too the other day :) should be here soon

I'm FINALLY seeing growth wisteria. It only took a long time. My cabomba heads can't stop growing, and I have a new leaf on my ozelot, and another sword that hasn't grown at all since i got it! I'm so happy! If only the rotala will look nice and lively

The growth will come and has been taking place but a lot of it might have been dedicated to root growth so maybe you just never saw how much growth was taking place. :) all in time buddy, before long you'll have so much growth you won't know what to do with it all!

skywhitney said:
The growth will come and has been taking place but a lot of it might have been dedicated to root growth so maybe you just never saw how much growth was taking place. :) all in time buddy, before long you'll have so much growth you won't know what to do with it all!

Ahh, I long for that day :)

skywhitney said:
You say that now while you don't have to constantly trim them back :) lol

I've been having to trim the cabomba weekly, and soon I'm gonna have to trim the cabomba trimmings. Lol

George9 said:
I've been having to trim the cabomba weekly, and soon I'm gonna have to trim the cabomba trimmings. Lol

Well then you're well on your way :)

How are the Angels doing?

skywhitney said:
Well then you're well on your way :)

How are the Angels doing?

They're doing really good! They started to eat yesterday and are acclimating well.

George9 said:
They're doing really good! They started to eat yesterday and are acclimating well.

Nice! How are they with the other tank inhabitants?

Awesome! Thats so great they have worked out so well.

I wasnt home all day yesterday, and I come home today and the cabomba is past the surface and growing sideways, and theres like 4 rotala stems floating around, its like theyre dying!

I think I'm going to get the fixture too. He got back to me and told me the brand, it's some Chinese brand. But they are individual reflectors and he said it works great, so I'm gonna buy it :) cant pass it up for $50! The only downside us that it's silver, but I'll live with it

Edit- and I think it's safe to say that there is no ich lol. The spot has been gone for weeks and there are no others, it must have been a stupid scale :p

George9 said:
I wasnt home all day yesterday, and I come home today and the cabomba is past the surface and growing sideways, and theres like 4 rotala stems floating around, its like theyre dying!

I think I'm going to get the fixture too. He got back to me and told me the brand, it's some Chinese brand. But they are individual reflectors and he said it works great, so I'm gonna buy it :) cant pass it up for $50! The only downside us that it's silver, but I'll live with it

Edit- and I think it's safe to say that there is no ich lol. The spot has been gone for weeks and there are no others, it must have been a stupid scale :p

Mine are individual reflectors and work great. For $50 you can get a light that will work until you can save up for the exact one you want :)

Great! Stupid loose scales! Lol

skywhitney said:
Mine are individual reflectors and work great. For $50 you can get a light that will work until you can save up for the exact one you want :)

Great! Stupid loose scales! Lol

Yeah, you have great reflectors I bet! With all that growth. Mine are crappy single reflectors. Lol

that stinks:( good thing its not ich though

I trimmed a lot of cabomba and ludwiga today! I replanted the cabomba by the swords, in hopes of that side becoming taller as well. I have a pic of the old crappy layout, and the new nice layout :)

Old crappy layout haha:
jrwxg8.jpg

New nice layout:
33vg09l.jpg

Left side, with more cabomba stubs:
qosgtx.jpg

Right side:
e7jygi.jpg

Crummy looking rotala, looks 10x better in the pic than in real life.
14ag701.jpg

EDIT: I've also decided to invest in a couple nice giesseman (sp lol) bulbs, rather than upgrading to 4 bulbs. I think I would have algae issues with more light, and I was told by some of the mods on the chat that upgrading to nice bulbs can do wonders. I'm just running crap $10 coralife bulbs now :p

George9 said:
I trimmed a lot of cabomba and ludwiga today! I replanted the cabomba by the swords, in hopes of that side becoming taller as well. I have a pic of the old crappy layout, and the new nice layout :)

Old crappy layout haha:

New nice layout:

Left side, with more cabomba stubs:

Right side:

Crummy looking rotala, looks 10x better in the pic than in real life.

EDIT: I've also decided to invest in a couple nice giesseman (sp lol) bulbs, rather than upgrading to 4 bulbs. I think I would have algae issues with more light, and I was told by some of the mods on the chat that upgrading to nice bulbs can do wonders. I'm just running crap $10 coralife bulbs now :p

Looking Good man!

Upgrading your bulbs us a good idea. Sorry I never thought of it. I'm running 2 Giessman's and they're great bulbs!!

skywhitney said:
Looking Good man!

Upgrading your bulbs us a good idea. Sorry I never thought of it. I'm running 2 Giessman's and they're great bulbs!!

Yep! I'll order them tomorrow! Should have gotten them in the first place, but thats okay. According to the chart everyone uses here, I should be high light anyway.

image-2125295026.jpg

Back
Top Bottom