The Sixty Gallon Build :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
skywhitney said:
It almost sounds like she's being picked on to me. Have you noticed anything like that?

Not at all, she's doing kinda the same thing she did when I reintroduced her last time :( she doesn't swim perfectly straight, very skittish and she goes nuts on occasion. I don't wanna give up on her,but I don't know if I have any more options

I'm thinking move her back and start clout. Which is some heavy duty stuff. I don't know anymore though lol. I just don't understand how she could be perfectly fine for a month in at, then get worse only when I move her.

Gboy66 said:
Dang sorry george.,.this is tough stuff

Its fine, this is the last thing I'm trying though, hopefully clout does the trick, it says it treats listless behavior and flicking, which is what I'm seeing :).

Oh and sky, what diameter hose did you use for your canister with the reactor? Did it fit well into the rubber connector to the output nozzle? And did you exchange hoses on both sides or just the output?

Oh and sky, what diameter hose did you use for your canister with the reactor? Did it fit well into the rubber connector to the output nozzle? And did you exchange hoses on both sides or just the output?

uh i honestly forget what size hose i used, 3/4" ID maybe. I only had to replace the output side but i did both cause i could see the tank from all angels so i wanted the clear hoses. The hoses fit onto the connectors ok but I put a hose clamp on them along with the screw nut that comes on the Fluval just to be safe.

skywhitney said:
uh i honestly forget what size hose i used, 3/4" ID maybe. I only had to replace the output side but i did both cause i could see the tank from all angels so i wanted the clear hoses. The hoses fit onto the connectors ok but I put a hose clamp on them along with the screw nut that comes on the Fluval just to be safe.

Thanks, seems easy enough :) I'll change both out, I feel like they're both gunked up because its a ribbed hose

Okay, I got clout ordered and shes back in qt. Not staying up as straight :( I hope it comes in time, I'm thinking Tuesday at the earliest.

Oh my god, I think I may have ich again. I saw the krib scratching and he might have a spot on him. How does that even happen!!!!! I've changed NOTHING! agh

I think I'm gonna build my reactor next weekend!!! Yay

Day 2 and the last day of clout. Tomorrow I'll see what happens, so far she's not eating, and still not as active, but she also has 2 doses of the strongest Med out there. So I suspect stress is playing a role. We'll see how she does once the clout is out of the water

Day 2 and the last day of clout. Tomorrow I'll see what happens, so far she's not eating, and still not as active, but she also has 2 doses of the strongest Med out there. So I suspect stress is playing a role. We'll see how she does once the clout is out of the water

Hope she gets better!

How's the ich going?

Nu-Nu the eel said:
I hope things get better georgeyyyy buddyyyy

So far she's doing really well :) hopefully all the parasites aare gone. Shes got great color, and is eating really well :) I don't see ich in the main tank either. But ill continue with ich attack

Hoping to get to home depot to buy the stuff to build the reactor later :) looks like I will have to wait until late November to get the system though :(

This is soo irritating!! When she chases the plant, she swims fast on her side, only when she wants to swim fast she does it though. I dunno why, everything else is fine with her and theres nothing else I could do, so I guess I just have to hope she stops or it doesnt mean anything lol

Friggen canister filter clogs so fast too. I just cleaned it a week ago. I think the hoses are jammed up or something. I hope that's why. When the canister clogs, will it screw up the co2 diffusion as the flow gets lower?

I made a countdown on my door. Only about a month left until co2 and everything will be so much better!!!! Can't wait

Got the tubing that will replace the old filter tubing for the co2. Hey, its a start lol

Ruby is going back in tomorrow if I don't have a lot of homework too, excited :)

bud29 said:
:lol: wow, you must be pretty darn excited :lol:

Yes!! Lol

I have all the parts fir the reactor. Just gotta glue it all in. I had to modify it just a bit because some parts are so hhard to find! I couldn't find a 45 degree elbow at a few different stores either

Here it is So far. It looks big because I have to shave about 9 inches off it loll

ForumRunner_20121023_213520.jpg

George9 said:
Here it is So far. It looks big because I have to shave about 9 inches off it loll

Looks great! Are you going to use Teflon tape on the barb threads or glue them?

I'd recommend using different barbs though. Those hard 90* elbows are going to decimate your flow rate. If nothing else, use straight barbs.

skywhitney said:
Looks great! Are you going to use Teflon tape on the barb threads or glue them?

I'd recommend using different barbs though. Those hard 90* elbows are going to decimate your flow rate. If nothing else, use straight barbs.

I was gonna use Teflon tape with hose clamps.

I'm still on the hunt! It's really hard to find a straight or 45 with a 5/8" diameter

Back
Top Bottom