The Sixty Gallon Build :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was gonna use Teflon tape with hose clamps.

I'm still on the hunt! It's really hard to find a straight or 45 with a 5/8" diameter

haha i can't tell you how many times i made a trip to Lowe's or Home Depot for a $.33 piece of plastic to get home and realize it was wrong. No worries man, if you can't find some right away i say use what you have and see how it works out, might work perfect for you. :)

I was gonna use Teflon tape with hose clamps.

I'm still on the hunt! It's really hard to find a straight or 45 with a 5/8" diameter
I work with installing dental equipment and use nylon barbs a lot Usualy menards has most sizes but they are on a rack in a different area than the pvc.

mikem691 said:
I work with installing dental equipment and use nylon barbs a lot Usualy menards has most sizes but they are on a rack in a different area than the pvc.

That's where I was and they didn't have any 45 degree ones let alone 5/8" lol

George9 said:
Well, ruby has clear poor now. I guess that's it :(

It might also just be from stress. Maybe all she needs is some time adjusting back to general population.

skywhitney said:
It might also just be from stress. Maybe all she needs is some time adjusting back to general population.

I haven't moved her back yet. I'll keep watching, she could've been constipated or stressed from being in a small tank

This has got to be a record-no posts by me on this thread in over a week. Everythings going really well, finally lol

George9 said:
This has got to be a record-no posts by me on this thread in over a week. Everythings going really well, finally lol

Glad to hear it bud!! FTS?

New fts

ForumRunner_20121109_122537.jpg

I gotta clean it up a bit. You can see the bba in the pic now. Only about 20 more days until I get the co2 setup. Hopefully the bba will begin to die then :)

Thanks guys!

Sky do you know if a new tank hs to be tested or anything before its filled?

yes all pressurized gas tanks must be tested and certified every year (i believe it is annually). The place you get the tank filled will make sure that it is still within regulations.

yes all pressurized gas tanks must be tested and certified every year (i believe it is annually). The place you get the tank filled will make sure that it is still within regulations.

Thanks, I'll see what they say :)

two days after I put ruby back in the 60, shes already doing screwy things again. So, I guess I lost this battle. Poor thing :( i guess I'll just leave her be now

I wanted to run this over with you and see what you think of this "plan" for the co2. It'll be on a timer and go on an hour before lights and go off an hour before lights go off (not sure about that part though) starting at about 1 bps? I hope the bba dies soon after :)

I already know setting it up will be a wet Mess lol

George9 said:
I wanted to run this over with you and see what you think of this "plan" for the co2. It'll be on a timer and go on an hour before lights and go off an hour before lights go off (not sure about that part though) starting at about 1 bps? I hope the bba dies soon after :)

I already know setting it up will be a wet Mess lol

Those times sound great. I would start it at 3 or 4 bps. Keep a close eye on your PH as well.

Are you getting the PH controller?

Those times sound great. I would start it at 3 or 4 bps. Keep a close eye on your PH as well.

Are you getting the PH controller?

No, I'm not planning on it. I'll watch the ph closely. It goes down when the co2 is on and up when its off right?

I can't believe it. My little buddy Fez has unexpectedly passed away :( I just fed him yesterday and all was normal. Today, he's hanging in the rotala, eyes cloudy. I don't know what happened. I'm gonna bury him in the back yard.

This is my worst loss yet.

edit: he has a cut near his tail somehow. Maybe he got caught in the filter or something. Wait, he isn't completely dead yet. He has only a little bit of life left. I guess this means i have to put him down :(

Back
Top Bottom