Top fin 30

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ylreveb20

Aquarium Advice Regular
I saw some other YouTube video on using different filter pads and so on. What's your opinion? Floss, floss, carbon, black sponge and media on the right. IMG_0416.jpg

I saw some other YouTube video on using different filter pads and so on. What's your opinion? Floss, floss, carbon, black sponge and media on the right. View attachment 297330
you're going to want to follow where the flow comes in and that's where your sponge goes [filters put big stuff] then the media [which you don't want all clogged up] followed by floss and then carbon for a final polish. so if your water comes in on the right, you'll want to have your media under/after the black sponge

Just how I've done it in my canisters but I'm sure there is more than one way to do it. :]

you're going to want to follow where the flow comes in and that's where your sponge goes [filters put big stuff] then the media [which you don't want all clogged up] followed by floss and then carbon for a final polish. so if your water comes in on the right, you'll want to have your media under/after the black sponge

Just how I've done it in my canisters but I'm sure there is more than one way to do it. :]

Better? IMG_0417.jpg

The white is the polishing floss and will get clogged very fast if filtering out bigger particles. The black sponge should be first. If you switch where the left piece of white floss is and the black sponge are and leave the rest your setup will work quite well.

The white is the polishing floss and will get clogged very fast if filtering out bigger particles. The black sponge should be first. If you switch where the left piece of white floss is and the black sponge are and leave the rest your setup will work quite well.

IMG_0418.jpg
Thanks for your help!! Better?

Yes! That way the black sponge collects uneaten food and your media doesn't get all backed up. Just make sure when you plug it in for the first time it doesnt overflow because the media set up us different

[emoji106]
Mechanical... sponge
Chemical.... carbon/ Purigen
Biological.. Biological media

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom