Undergravel filter help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Also I have another question about the actual buying of the fish... I have been told many times to start slowly. So should I start with maybe 3 neon tetras and slowly work up to the amount I want?
Also, I just want to make completely sure that it's okay to have a school of neon tetras and corydoras. I really want them both and I hope they fit in my tank.

They should get along fine, and yes add your fish in a bit slow at first. The Tetras will occupy the mid level in the tank and the Corry's will be at the bottom, nice fish to start with![emoji1]

Clem

Okay that's awesome! ☺️ And one last question - should I go with 5 of each? Or what number would be best?

Should be OK !

Clem
I like odd numbered, for groups, add them I about a week a part, starting with one group at a time. It will allow your filter to handle the bio load when adding in fish, reducing stress on the fish and gives your newly cycled filter a chance to handle a cycle crash. So its good to allow things to settle in at first when stocking fish.

Clem

uploadfromtaptalk1451971405069.jpguploadfromtaptalk1451971447093.jpguploadfromtaptalk1451971534471.jpguploadfromtaptalk1451971609658.jpg

This is my first tank, home to a betta and two baby BN plecos. The original fish are now in my 90gal.[emoji6]

Clem

Where did you find a tank like that??? It looks awesome

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G800A using Aquarium Advice mobile app
Thanks Lil bro, you know your Discus too, that puts you in my book !!! [emoji12]

Clem

Those are really awesome tanks! :)
Yes they're not bad looking, since the smaller tank is just over a year and the 90 gal is only 4-5 months old by now. I just wanted to share these two tanks with you as to how I'm progressing back into the hobby. The 90 gal was a real challenge for me as I planted and scaped the best I could at the time. I will be moving someday soon so I will have to begin all over again, but more to come from this guy as I learn and figure out which fish I'm going to breed... Angels and Discus are my favs, but its hard to choose from that's why we get more tanks!!![emoji39]

Clem

Yes they're not bad looking, since the smaller tank is just over a year and the 90 gal is only 4-5 months old by now. I just wanted to share these two tanks with you as to how I'm progressing back into the hobby. The 90 gal was a real challenge for me as I planted and scaped the best I could at the time. I will be moving someday soon so I will have to begin all over again, but more to come from this guy as I learn and figure out which fish I'm going to breed... Angels and Discus are my favs, but its hard to choose from that's why we get more tanks!!![emoji39]

Clem

I'm putting in a fish and plant order soon and as soon as I get the plants in, my 55g is gonna have a huge rescape and it's only been up for 3 weeks. (It was cycled for a while before that)

I'm putting in a fish and plant order soon and as soon as I get the plants in, my 55g is gonna have a huge rescape and it's only been up for 3 weeks. (It was cycled for a while before that)

That's great!!! Can't wait till you scape, its fun to do !!! Keep us posted on your progress.[emoji6]

Clem

I'm so excited to hear more about your adventures in fish keeping, please let me know when you have new stuff going on :) I could probably talk about this all day

Back
Top Bottom