UnstopaBULL's 29 gallon planted aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1435616027.396987.jpg ( I found this at the pond too what plant is it?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1435616064.213541.jpg a **** of my tank that is slowly getting better ( very slowly getting better) ( there are some tattered prices of ludwigia which someone gave me so ya that's why they look unhwalthy

It's coming along well :) I would try and see if you can find something like a tall piece of driftwood or a really tall plant. Something to fill all that extra space.

Caleb

Thx Ya I'm hoping that sword in the back will get rootedness the leaves will splay out and it will look cool. About the driftwood I went with my friend to a fish farm called imperial teopicals ( really cool place also ships online) and on the way back after purchasing me some shrimp ( I was looking for some scarlet badis but he told me they weren't ready ) anyway enough rambling. There was a really cool aquariums shop called nolans aquarium. They had SICK pieces of driftwood( easily the best I've seen with my own two eyes) 5 bucks per pound of driftwood. I was really leaning toward getting this amazing piece of driftwood that resembled a tree trunk! But then my brother used the last of my money to get 4 pork chop rasboras ( didn't have enough at the time to get 5 like I should have) :( anyway that's that

Hoping to trim and keep on replanting the s repens. Want some dwarf sag to fill in the left side on the foreground and a small layer to go behind the s repens and then kinda make a nice transition from the foreground to midground. Want some hydro compact I do

Little over 3 weeks and you will have a very nice and tall plant in there. Will have a bunch more stems for you at that point too.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Coming along nice. Does need some height in there to kinda balance it but sounds like that is in the works already.
I need to check some of the local ponds around here.

Ya while I'm gone for. 3 weeks that ludwigia rotala and s repens should grow a lot. Hopefully my anubias too.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

The Ludwigia looks like it is in a "bunch" bound with a rubber band or plant weight. If so, you should separate the stems so they are about 1" apart.

Btw can someone help me identify these wild killifish at my pond? Some are gold colored and I am 99 percent sure they're least killis. Do they sell for anything? And if so are they really least killis( will show some pics )

Those look a little like sparkling gouramis. Cool fish. I would be a little bit more careful with putting stuff in there from a pond because we have no idea what kind of works, parasites and pests could be hiding in there. You are lucky in Florida, big bass and fish :D In NC I live by some golf courses across the street with big bass, and I go there when they close and we catch bass. Lots of bluegill in the signing net too. There is tons of anacharis in there, so much of it that it looks like huge Christmas trees underwater lol. Probably going to bring some home and treat it for parasites. Very pretty tank, once you get some kind of hardscape and the plants grow in it will look amazing!

Thx. Ya that's why I quarantined the killis and then decided to put them back in their natural habitat after quarantining them, happy to say that all the killis did good and seemed happy and healthy in their brief inspection period

*HUGE UPDATE*
Sorry I haven't updated the thread in a while just lost some interest and then went to camp for 3 weeks with no Wifi ( torture). Anyway I'm a ton of changes.1. I am getting dwarf sag, bacopa, and some other pretty cool plants ( none are very difficult ) also my ego has been inflating due to the fact that my star repens that I got from pet smart is doing pretty well and
Is not only healthy but slowly growing! Also I got some
Anubias in( granted they are small) all my ludwigia is doing relatively well except for this one stem. I'm getting some of fish wranglers beautiful ludwigia and some surprises courtesy of
Him. Thank you once again fish wrangler. Won't be able to post a pic tmrw since I'm going to Epcot. But all the fish are relatively well( angels are growing and their body went from nickel to quarter in 3 weeks time!) while I was gone some of my r indicaa and other plants was uprooted but once I get the new plants in I plan to do a major rescape. However I noticed that
My cherry barn has callamanus worm. Not good. Will order levimasole. What is the best place to get t from? Unortunately I have not been able to
Upgrade my lights or get a co2 system. This will have to be a long term goal I guess.

No problem!

As far as lights vs co2 I would personally upgrade lighting. You can always DIY the co2 until you have the $$ to upgrade.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Lol will do pictures. Rn I'm at my mom's dentist office ( worst place on earth), helping her. Until 2 or 3 I won't be able to take many pictures. I'm starting to do 25 percent water changes everywhere day even tho all my fish are juvies. I guess I just want my angels and new apisto to grow up. Tank looks super tacky but once evrything fills in a little it will look nicer. R indica and ludwigia are my fastest growers along with an anubias that came back from a relapse. The r indica really surprised me by growing fast. It has algae on its bottom leaves tho and I think it could do better if I propagated it. I forgot to update that I got a apisto borelli male. Thanks to heck09 and FishWrangler my tank is filled up with way more plants! Just want some dwarf sag for the foreground and something tall plus a sword on the back. Will show pics at home.

I was on FB and found some pretty nice driftwood for decent prices. Want your guys opinion. Which prices would look the best in a standard 29 (30x18x12. I mighta mixed it up) ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1440175640.724010.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1440175657.357543.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1440175675.856959.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1440175691.388026.jpg personally I was leaning toward 4 but just wanted everyone's opinion.

Back
Top Bottom