UnstopaBULL's 29 gallon planted aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
4 is nice because it is tall, but imo it takes up to much floor space because of its width.
5 would be nice because you could plant shorter plants sectioned off, and it has a little height to it.
9 is also nice imo, has ok height, isn't to wide, but could limit your plants because it takes up half of the front to back on your tank

I'm assuming those squares are 2"×2"

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

5 is nice I just liked 4 because of the spidery part of the wood. I thought it would be nice if I put all my anubias on it and maybe covered part of it with moss ( peacock?) .5 does add some nice night tho to my aquarium

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

You could definitely add your anubias and moss to #5. It would look pretty good with that stuff too

Thx for feedback. I was wondering about the same thing myself for 4 but maybe it's not as wide as they make it look? I like 5 because of the hight and the fact that it would look pretty cool if you put red plants underneath V shape. 4 has lots of holes and stuff where I could put the rhizomes and roots of the anubias so all you can see is the leaves and it faces the front of the tank. I really like it when anubias looks like that. Such hard decisions. Btw I have some extra driftwood prices a friend gave me. So I will take pics of those when I get back home in like 45 min

The (kinda) long awaited pics!ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1440184185.148067.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1440184203.747119.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1440184217.296751.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1440184230.496226.jpg
Note: it is progressing slowly(very slowly)
Note:I'm a bad photograoher, I liked those prices of driftwood and I have some more ( they're in other tanks rn)
Note:the apisto is changing colors( I'm thinking because there are no other apistos In tank rn might get a female apisto for him)
Note: I'm still a. Scrub :(

Lol tank looks good! Once everything gets going and you get better lights and start up that DIY Co2 it will ill in quick! I like pieces 4 and 23 or the driftwood. If you do get a second apisto be warned that they may breed and section off part of the tank as "theirs". I don't even know if the angels and the one apisto will work long term in there. Tank looks good though, keep it up!

Ha thanks for the kind words. The apistos and Angels are chill the apistos bright colors are fading because he doesn't really get any aggression his way and no apistos so he doesn't need to show his colors. If they paid off I have tanks ready to go for the male and female so nobody gets harmed. A small 6 gallon.( heavy water changes WILL happen)

23 is nice but I think it's too big for my tank and plus it's $30 not including shipping

I could see 23 in a 75, but not a 29. ~2" room leftover front to back in a 29 with that piece

12" leftover then. No room for plants unless your tank is all anubias java and moss

Uggghhhh. Stupid marinelsnd products. My filter hasn't been working for the past week and I finally noticed today when I saw some poop and stuff that normally wouldn't be there. It isn't working at all I have plugged it into different outlets multiple times. Bio wheel has dried out and same with most of the filter cartridge. I definitely need to take action and quick. What do you guys recommend?

Sent via the power of my aching thumbs

The impeller is most likely stuck...happens with my aquaclear hob's,try removing the tube where then you should be able to see the impeller.
Using planting tongs(while the filter is plugged in)gently give one of the fins a slight nudge,it should restart..if this doesn't work your motor may have quit.

sit in silence...

The impeller is most likely stuck...happens with my aquaclear hob's,try removing the tube where then you should be able to see the impeller.
Using planting tongs(while the filter is plugged in)gently give one of the fins a slight nudge,it should restart..if this doesn't work your motor may have quit.

sit in silence...

I've have this same issue. I disassemble my filter once a month and clean the impeller and it still does this sometimes.

I never had good luck with the Marineland filters... Always broke on me. I'm an Aquaclear man now.

Tank is coming along! Just give it time those plants will fill in!

Caleb

sit in silence...

+1 happens with all of mine as well

Ended up getting a canister for my 29 because I got sick of it

IMG_5173.JPG IMG_5175.JPG a friend gave me quite a new surprise with a pair of wild caught GBR newly added just finished a 75 min acclimation in the 29 ( so far so good) no aggression or unwired interaction. The photos do them no justice and they look bad in them. I love them so much!!! 25% WC here I come!

IMG_5173.JPG IMG_5175.JPG a friend gave me quite a new surprise with a pair of wild caught GBR newly added just finished a 75 min acclimation in the 29 ( so far so good) no aggression or unwired interaction. The photos do them no justice and they look bad in them. I love them so much!!! 25% WC here I come!

Dumb me I forgot copying my pics and pasting here doesn't work. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1442022534.021497.jpg ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1442022549.594099.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1442022500.627310.jpg
    ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1442022500.627310.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 36
Very cool, but are they moving or just staying in one spot?

How are the plants going?

Back
Top Bottom