Upgrade to 20 long.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Reygan2

Aquarium Advice Addict
During the snowstorm here I upgraded to a 20L. The corals are starting to emerge and everything seems to have acclimated. I'm pretty happy with the move, mainly because this time I arranged the rock so coral placement would be better as I add new ones. Thing is, I think I should have somehow connected the 2 formations together. I was trying to go for the rule of thirds but obviously got lost somewhere. Any suggestions? ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1392509992.967444.jpg

I think it looks great just like that

I would replace the feather duster in between with a torch or something though, up to you
Good job on the scape

Thanks! Sorry the pic is poor quality, that's actually a Duncan. I definitely plan on getting a torch in the near future. The scape is growing on me. I do like the open space. I have a clown and a firefish, but I'd like to add one more. I've been checking it out and the possibilities are so limited unless I want a goby.

I wouldn't put a dwarf angel in a 20, let alone a 20 with so many tasty lps corals.

I can see why you wouldn't
But I've kept a yellow herald's angelfish in a 10 full of lps and zoas
But maybe I just got lucky with mine

I love my gramma, so much spunk but such a wuss when it gets called out by my other fish lol.

I heard they are generally peaceful fish but can get a little territorial if it's trying to defend it's own hiding spot. What is everyone's view on grammas and are they reef friendly / hardy? Wouldn't mind getting one myself. Thanks for the idea Reygan2! ;)

Completely peaceful. No aggression at all. Like I said they act tough but swim back into their cave rather than attack

I've read that they need a hiding spot. My firefish is occupying the best cave in the tank. I do have a covered area but it's open in the back. Would that work or should I create a more secure cave? I'm definitely planning on getting one now.

Id make another cave but they will find something cavelike in your tank. Mine lives under some zoas lol.

Just contacted my trusty lfs owner and looks like my newest addition will be the gramma! Yay!

Sure! I'm going to pick him up this afternoon right after work. Maybe a couple more pieces of rock to make a nice cave :)

Ya
It was really kool and his colors were really vibrant

Back
Top Bottom