Veggie Weights

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

snowangeltae

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Does anyone know where I can get a weight to wrap around zucchini to use to sink to the bottom of the tank?

I have seen them at Petsmart in their tanks but they don't sell them and they don't seem to know where you can buy them.

I saw an item at petco the other day, was designed to weight plants down, might be what your lookin for. I use forks in my tanks, with the tines pointed to the gravel. Others use rocks and string...use your imagination, be creative...anything can be used as a weight...

I just had an idea that I'm going to try next time I feed zuchinni.
I'm going to cut a 2 inch length of zuchinni and hollow out the seeds with a paring knife. Then, I'll stuff gravel in the hole where the seeds once were. It should sink, and my fish don't eat the seeds anyway - they just float around and make a mess.

I would think wrapping the plant weight around the diameter of a slice of zucchini would work decently.

you can buy a veggie clip that sinks or can be suction cupped to the tank glass. my buddy takes a piece of like thread or fishing line and threads it through the veggie a couple times for strength then attaches the other end to a spare ceramic ring he had lying around for his filters. works really well and cost nothing extra. HTH :)

Back
Top Bottom