veggies to feed plecostomus?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tarpon

Aquarium Advice Addict
What are some veggies besides cucumber that I can supplement my bristlenoses diet with?

I got my Bristlenose a few weeks ago, from a friend of my son's, he's almost an adult & I don't think he ever saw vegies lol. It took a few attempts for him to understand what Courgette (Zucchini) is. He now eats Courgette, cucumber & the odd shelled pea. I read somewhere you can give them potato & sweet potato but I was always afraid of the startch leeching into the tank.

Yes, mine loves cucumber. Took the corys several tries to eat the cucumber. I also gave them pees and they love them. I need give them some tonight.

Zucchini and shelled peas is what I feed regularly, but some red or green leaf lettuce and sweet potato is good also :)

Ohhh okay my dad just started growing zuchinni in the backyard and he called it zuchinni squash. And I was wondering if it was the same thing. I can get them for free. Yay

Yes same thing, it is zucchini squash, because it is a squash :) I cut it into sort of planks and submerse in water in a coffee cup (a coffee cup I use only for blanching veggies for the tanks so it's never been washed with soap, if not possible rinse thoroughly to remove any harmful residues) for about 2 mins, depending on the power of your microwave. You want it soft enough that your fingernail slips into it easily, but firm enough that it still easily holds it's shape...otherwise they'll often let it sit around for a day or more to let it soften enough before eating.

Back
Top Bottom