veggies to feed plecostomus?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah! That's a lot of money for a FW fish. But what can you expect, it looks like a zebra

The funny thing is SHE wants it lol. I have seen BN and rubber lips together in tanks. From what i've seen plecos are peaceful so i wouldn't doubt it.

I feed mine watermelon, they like the red part, I only leave a little on there but as soon as its in and my hand is moving away he's there chowing.

I feed mine watermelon, he likes it alot and is on it as soon as my hand is moving out of the way. I leave a little of the red on there, thats what he eats and I only leave it in for a short period of time.

tarpon said:
I'm also wanting to get a rubber lip. And a zebra too but I have no idea where I'd get one of those. Those things are crazy looking

U can get zebras online for like 500 dollars they are awesome but I won't hardly spend 20 dollars on one fish! Lol

I do not blanch any of my veggies or fruit, I hold them down with a stainless steel fork, one of the cheap ones that you can pull apart and I use the top on the side and then shove it in the gravel so you don't see it.

...my pleco like goes to the alge wafer. And she kinda nibbles on it. And it looks like she nibbles on it. But when she leaves it looks the same. Idk if she's getting any food.

Look at its stomach when it is on the side of the tank and make sure its not inverted. If its float or round its getting enough to eat and is not starving.

I find that uncooked squash and pumpkin gets eaten without difficulty, and will not foul the water as quickly as if it has been blanched. Romaine lettuce is also favored and will not foul the water. As well, cantalope rinds and sweet potato chunks. Plecos can rasp wood, and many require it so they have no problem rasping uncooked vegetables. I don't care much for cucumber as it has very little food value.

My BN like Lima beans (take off the outer skin).

Parboiled sweet peas (also removed from the outer skin) are taken well by my BN and by the platies.

While some say zucchini is a hit with their BN and other plecos, mine don't seem to get too excited for it.

Does anyone know if a rubberlip and a bristlenose would mix well together?
BN's can be territorial but usually only towards other BN's. The mix should work in a large enough tank.

Back
Top Bottom