What am I?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jess1ca

Aquarium Advice Addict
Anybody know what kind of Cichlid this is? Thought it was a red zebra when I bought it, but looks nothing like the one I have... Kind of looks like another I have that I forgot the name, I'll try to get a pic of him but he won't hold still lol

Attachments

• image-698973707.jpg
    image-698973707.jpg
    157.7 KB · Views: 79
  • image-390132044.jpg
    image-390132044.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 84
severum mama said:
I am no Mbuna expert, but I believe you have Pseudotropheus socolofi albino- the snow white socolofi. Pseudotropheus Socolofi (Albino) regular

That's exactly what I thought, until I brought home my Socilofi :) the ones in question have a pinkish and opalescent sheen and their fins are trimmed in orange with orange egg spots... I'm stumped lol. I read somewhere that they could be possible Red Zebra hybrids? Maybe they will color up some a they mature? It's another waiting game lol. Here is a pic of my Snow white :)

Attachments

• image-3546990169.jpg
    image-3546990169.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 71
garfy said:
Pseudotropheus Zebra (white morph)
I don't see any red eyes so I don't think it's an albino.

Thank you! Pretty common are they? I got them from different places. The 2 in question definitely don't have red eyes :)

garfy is correct in his I.D. however the genus of these fish was changed a while ago from Pseutropheus to Metriaclima, so if you google metriaclima white zebra, you'll find reference to what you are looking for.

Cool, I couldn't tell what color the eyes were from the pic. Glad you got your ID. All those dang Mbunas look alike to me. LOL

Back
Top Bottom