What do I do?????????!!!!!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

OnTheRocks

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey, I am new to the aquarium world. I have never owned a fish let alone tropical fish. I am thinking about purchasing a 75 or 90 gallon tank. I want to go saltwater, fish only because Im new to this whole thing, and I heard invertebraes and coral is much harder to take care of. I have no idea what type of cleaning equipment I should get. Filters, protein skimmers, testing equipment, what fish can live together. I know this is alot to ask of all yall, but i you could tell me what type of equipment I would need and name brands that would help soo much. also maybe a link to what fish can live together. I love clownfish and angel fish. There are a few others I will get the names of. But any tips, info, advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all sooooooo much!!!

The best advice that I can give you is to
1 read thru the articles section and other posts on the forum
2 get a book
3 plan your aquarium, what you want your tank to look like :?: and design a system for wat you want. a fo easier and less money than a full blow reef. Since you are new i would suggest a fowler
Good luck :wink:

read, read, and then read some more!!! get a book, look through all the posts, read the articles page, do google searches then make a plan, its not really something you can just jump into. I have spent hours studding all this stuff and still know only a little. My tank is 10 weeks old and I am still learning things. Also Plan your budget I got a great deal on my tank only cost $350 for the hood stand tank and filter and other stuff, It would have cost about $1300 at the LFS. Regardless I have spent $2411.95 so far and still havent bought corals yet.

Buy a copy of The Conscientious Marine Aquarist by Robert Fenner and go from there.

Back
Top Bottom