whats on our bass?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vsnsofadrgn

Aquarium Advice Addict
hello.

what is this on our peacock bass? is it ick? whatever it is, it came on the feeder fish. he/she has been with us for awhile with NO signs of this. sorry for the lowsy pics, its not camera shy, however this camer isnt the greatest....

From what it looks like, it may be fungus? Hole in the head? It looks too big to be ich, and it's mainly around the front of its head...

That looks like ich to me. Is it all over the body? If not it may be the beginning of HITH disease. What size tank and any other tankmates?

uh oh. is hole in the head treatable? i see it near his tale too. he gets feeder fish and ghost shrimp for food. we just transfered him to a 55 (a month ago) and will upgrade when he out grows it. hes my bf's fish, so im just tryinto help him out. theres nothin else in the tank usually, except the feeders/ghost shrimp he eats.

HITH is treatable in many instances if caught early enough, but I am not convinced that it is HITH. Is he flashing against objects at all?

If the feeder fish had it, its ich. The bad thing about feeder fish is that they arent taken care of in th store or by the supplier. They aren't worth the disease prevention since the store is only get a few cents for them. So when you put them in the tank with what you are feeding- they spread disease like wildfire. Feeder fish really don't have many nutrients, so your boyfriend should be feeding other things as well, which gives him time to quarentine new feeders for a bit.

i dont know if the feeder fish had it or not, thats just my assumption because they arent taken care of well. hes never shown signs of this before. by flashing on objects do you mean rubbing up against them? if so, i havent seen him do it, but it doenst mean that he hasnt.

what else can we feed him? he doesnt take to frozen. he LOVES ghost shrimp, but i know a variety is the best.

Back
Top Bottom