what's wrong here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Let us know how it goes? Are you thinking of getting a qt now?

Well actually I kinda have one. Its a planted tank but has some algae growth in it. I keep one rosy red in there and its a 10g so im just gonna use that but im now waiting to see if my pleco can survive and if he does im gonna get probably 5 oscars total (to keep agression down) and maybe 6. I want 2 tigers, 2 red tigers and 2 albinos. But they will be small so I can watch them grow and I wanna see how agression is with 6. What do you think

I think you might need to eventually upgrade your tank once they get to be around 6"

Mlani said:
I think you might need to eventually upgrade your tank once they get to be around 6"

oh yeah definatly. I plan on it I want a 125-150g tank. My tank is only 4 feet long so an upgrade is gonna happen soon either way

I hit the send button too early. Lol darn phone. Everything is so close together on here. Anyway..lol
I think once they get to be young teens you might have to get a bigger tank. Yours is 110gal? My oscars grew to be over a foot, I only had two fish in the end. I think because my tank wasn't large enough. The oscars eventually killed the JD, ate my pleco and any other fish I put in there after. If it were me I think I'd go with three to start unless you're planning on upgrading or trading them in once they grow? I couldn't bare to trade mine in they really grow on you. Mine recognized me the moment I came near the tank and would play with me, I used to feed them by hand and pet them, man, I miss those fish.

jwh0818 said:
oh yeah definatly. I plan on it I want a 125-150g tank. My tank is only 4 feet long so an upgrade is gonna happen soon either way

Oh good! Try to find a 180gal if you want six of them. The bigger the better when it comes to these guys :)

Mlani said:
Oh good! Try to find a 180gal if you want six of them. The bigger the better when it comes to these guys :)

I have to get my own house for that but I plan on getting one. Who knows, I may find myself with some breeeing pairs

Oh that would be cool! Baby oscars! I haven't heard a lot about how they'd be with fry, the character they showed with me when I had mine, I would think they'd be very attentive parents? Then again they will eat anything that fits in their mouths though?

Mlani said:
How's your pleco doing today?

He is just really siting at the bottom ocasionally going to the top for air. Also his eyes have like a glaze over them

jwh0818 said:
He is just really siting at the bottom ocasionally going to the top for air. Also his eyes have like a glaze over them

Did you do another water change today? 50% ?

Back
Top Bottom