Where to Find Pink Ramshorn Snails?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DreaminginBlue

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hi all,
I've been looking for some pink ramshorn snails for my little sister's tank. She wants to find some that a bright pink, like bubblegum pink almost. I've seen pictures of them and I've been told they do exist. Sadly all the ones I've seen have pinkish bodies but brown shells (they look more like reds to me).
Does anyone know where to find some? I'm not too keen on buying off aquabid or eBay because some people use stock photos...
I was very close to buying some snails when I ran across the same picture the seller had used on another ad. I asked them, turns out it was a stock picture of very bright bubblegum pink snails. When I asked for an actual picture of their snails, they were brown shelled and not at all like the stock photo, with semi-eroded shells. I had to say no thanks.
So if anyone knows of where I can find some that are actually bright pink, let me know. She really wants these snails, it's her very first tank and she is very excited.
Edit: here's the stock photo they used. Many sellers seem to use it, but I can't tell if their snails are actually this pink or if they're just pretending they are.
https://i.pinimg.com/236x/51/69/fe/...0603347730--aquarium-snails-aquarium-fish.jpg

That's gotta be diet related??? Like flamingos turn pink when they eats all the shrimp. I've only seen once before and it wasn't that light

I see... I'm familiar with the diet related coloration in birds, but I hadn't thought of it in reference to snails. I suppose if they were fed lots of calcium and beta carotene they'd brighten up?

People don't usually sell Ramshorn because they are seen as a pest snail

I've never seen those but I have never looked because petco sends them home with me regularly without my knowledge.

I know some people on here breed Ramshorns. Hopefully they can help. I'm a bit suspicious of how bright pink that pic is. Photoshop can sell anything.

Sorry I can't offer any leads.

Lighting plays a big part. But some of the ones I've had have a white-ish shell making them appear more pink.

That isn't true. There are ads on eBay, Amazon, and lots of other places to sell them as pets.

To be fair, it's illegal in my state to buy them. Though they're not hard to get what with them being excellent hitchhikers lol.

Back
Top Bottom