White spot on goldfish head

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Goldie82

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi. I have a 40g tank with four goldfish in it. I realize this is small but I do 50% water changes twice per week and have gotten my water tested numerous times at the pet store and have been told my water is perfect. I have a canister filter and heat the water to 75f as well as an air stone for airation. One of my goldfish has a white spot on the top of its head. It seems like it is more noticeable than before. He is moving around fine and does not seem to be in any distress. Another goldfish (black moor) has a spot on the side of its body. Small white spot. Is this a fungus? If so, can I treat the whole tank or will it affect my other two goldfish.

Thanks for the help

Attachments

• image-588639778.jpg
    image-588639778.jpg
    181.7 KB · Views: 87
  • image-3042177102.jpg
    image-3042177102.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 76
Welcome to AA!!!

Does your store use liquid tests or strips? Do you have exact numbers for ammonia, nitrite, nitrate and ph (gh and kh would also be helpful!)? Can also post a pic of your moor? Thanks!

I would treat it as a fungus
API makes fungal treatment product (pimafix) that would be safe to treat your whole tank.
safe for none sick fish and plants.

Thanks for the info guys! The black moor has a similar spot on its side. Kind of fuzzy like. I'm gonna try the pimafix and see what happens. It says to use for 7 days then do a water change. Should I keep using until the spots go away or keep dosing for 7 days? Thanks

Back
Top Bottom