White spots on fins

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sounds excellent then. So we can probably cross off an incorrect test or old test kit. I know it's a lot of questions but the more info really helps and may jog a bell with someone specifically. Next up I'd do the tap water (let stand for 24 hrs in a container first) and see what the ph is.

Thanks! I appreciate so much your input and certainly don't mind a the questions. I will test the tap water next. You a have been so great and so helpful.

Ok! It is definitely not Ich! No white spots. Fish have white growths not white spots. Mostly on the body. Looks like a horn where the white sticks out.

No worries, can you post details on where it is on fish, what it looks like, etc, any other details which may help?

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1395702002.661133.jpgfound this pic online. My fish doesn't have ALL these white thinks. Just one on back fin but wanted to show u a pic

It was suggested by LFS that I use API Pimafix. So,I did a 7 day course and then a 25% water change

No! They are def not worms. Maybe the picture I posted wasn't a good one. Just looks like something growing

It was suggested by LFS that I use API Pimafix. So,I did a 7 day course and then a 25% water change

I guess my only other suggestion would be to try something stronger than pimafix. Perhaps a general cure or salt in QT.

My thought would be fungal (cottony, fuzzy, above scales, debris may get trapped) unless viral (hard, sharp edge, cauliflower shape). Cottonmouth (columnaris) would probably have killed them off by now and I think you are thinking it isn't parasites. Other bacterial infections could show as lesions or white slime kind of flush with the scales. Hopefully this helps on some ideas on what it is. Also if just one fish I'd think fungal as a starting point.

Ok! Now looking a bit closer. It does look like a parasite if some kind. I am doing weekly 25% water changes. Temp is at 82.

Back
Top Bottom