Wigglers At Last!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Mike. I'm very pleased with him(?)
Andy - I will keep that in mind for the next snowfall. I made a 10' high snow pile for my kids to sled down.

images
2nd one

Hello all, I found this thread last night and all I can say is WOW! Tons of great information and knowledgable folks. I especially enjoyed reading about Andy's dive back into breeding.

I have kept fish on and off since I was around 10 years old and have recently found myself interested in the hobby once again. I have ordered six juvenile sunset blushing angels from a reputable breeder and will be making my entrance into the breeding realm.

Looking forward to following this thread and getting to know you guys.

I thought that was a gold marble its not really that orange if its a koi

My koi parents have almost no colour in them. Mostly white with silver and black splotches and a faint yellow orange spot on their nose. At first I didn't like them because they weren't what I envisioned angels to look like. Since they've become my favourite because of their quality with long straight fins. So much crap out there

Hello all, I found this thread last night and all I can say is WOW! Tons of great information and knowledgable folks. I especially enjoyed reading about Andy's dive back into breeding.

I have kept fish on and off since I was around 10 years old and have recently found myself interested in the hobby once again. I have ordered six juvenile sunset blushing angels from a reputable breeder and will be making my entrance into the breeding realm.

Looking forward to following this thread and getting to know you guys.

Welcome to the thread and I'm sure it will be a pleasure to get to know you!

I understand that. I gave my fatger in law 6 adults that were like that but he put algeacide in the tank and didnt know and wiped all his fish out. how are the babies colors orange or splotchy like the parents?

I have some that are almost all white and some that are almost all orange and some in between. I was surprised with the first spawn I saw orange. I'm like where did that come from? ?

I want to get these two type of angelfish what kind are they

To the best of my understanding, a "KOI" Angel shows the colors White, Orange and Black. Since the fish in this pic lacks Orange, I'd have to say that it's not a "koi" but a gold/ marble as well. Here's the kicker tho, it could have KOI genes as the body seems more white than gold. You may want to check with The AngelfishSociety.com to get a better understanding of the phenotypes that are being recognized as pure strains.
Your second pic I'm 99.9% sure is of my FAVORITE Angelfish of all times. It's a true ALTUM Angel. These are a tough fish to keep however and very demanding of their water parameters. It's best to get 2nd or 3rd generation tank bred Altums (if you can) than getting wild ones. You should have better success with them. Keep in mind that these are not your regular Scalare Angels and may not do well mixed with today's home grown Angels.

Hope this helps (y)

Thanks Mike. I'm very pleased with him(?)
Andy - I will keep that in mind for the next snowfall. I made a 10' high snow pile for my kids to sled down.

I just have 1 word to say about your snow pile: Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom