Will my bristlenose get any bigger?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Koikeeper99

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a male and female bristlenose the male is about 3 inches the females bout 4 inches. Will my male get any bigger? And does size have an effect on the breeding?

I highly doubt he and she will get any bigger. And no, they shouldn't have problems breeding. As to the size interfering with breeding, i'm not sure.

My female bristlenose is pushing up on 5" now. She is very well fed tho since I add veggies to the tank daily. As long as the male has reached sexual maturity which is supposely around the 3" mark.

Alright because I've had them for a month and they haven't breed yet so I was curious if this might if been the issue.

And I noticed my female is A lot broader than my male like bulkier head and body and they are both well feed .

Well, the bn plecos I have are 6 inches, they are in my 55 gallon so it depends in what tank they are, probably will get bigger

i now this is off topic but if you increase the amount of plants in your tank can you get more fish.

i now this is off topic but if you increase the amount of plants in your tank can you get more fish.
No. It only helps control the co2 as well as the ammonia and maybe nitrite/nitrate. Just helps you get a tank with a bit less filtration. If not, it's the same.

I'm not sure what kind they are they just sold them to me as "bushynose ancistrus" and again not sure how old they are. But I do know they both have never breed before according to the LFS employee.

I'm not sure what kind they are they just sold them to me as "bushynose ancistrus" and again not sure how old they are. But I do know they both have never breed before according to the LFS employee.
They might not be mature or not ready yet.

Here's a side by side pic so you can see size differences

image-2478068564.jpg

Male on left female on right.

There's no decor in there because as some of you know my female had ich which is almost completely cured!:)

They should be close ? My male recently started following my female around and hanging around her.
It's a patience game. If they don't breed within this month, you might wanna check something online. There are special conditions for breeding some fish.

Back
Top Bottom