Would you ever ...........

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Viperboy

Aquarium Advice Freak
So Its late and I am sitting in my room drinking a nice glass of water with some ice in it. But then i come to the end of the glass and i have no more water left and just ice but i still want some more water. Me being a little lazy i dont wanna walk all the way downstairs to the kichen so i wheel my chair around and whats sitting behind me .... thats right my 10gal tank. So i go over and dip my cup in the water and take a few huge glups and .......... haha just kidding but i was thinking about it and thought i would ask this .... has anyone ever thought of drinking that water? probably good for you or not ... but would taste bad cause of poop ... hehe its late :)

Ray

haha i saw u were on too and figured ud be the first to respond .... :)
and yea im not looking to catch ICH!!! ;)

Most diseases are very specific and cannot be transfered from fish to people. So it is not a huge concern - but probably not worth the risk considering the kitchen is not that far away, you lazy bum :wink:

You have me curious. I have a filter used for backpacking. I wonder how good aquarium water would taste...

Yup my brain starts churning when it gets this late :)
and yea i doubt i would actually ever drink it .... in fact im going to the kitchen now

Ray

I have made a couple hundred bucks on dares by drinking tank water at my shop....and I suspect that my immune system is better for it.

hashbaz said:
Most diseases are very specific and cannot be transfered from fish to people. So it is not a huge concern - but probably not worth the risk considering the kitchen is not that far away, you lazy bum :wink:

You have me curious. I have a filter used for backpacking. I wonder how good aquarium water would taste...

Probably the only one that would concern me is TB. ;)

My son accidentally drank some tank water I left sitting in a cup after refilling my HOB on my 10 after a PWC. He thought it was his water. :lol: He said "Mom, that water tastes terrible is something wrong with it?" I took one look at the "water " he was talking about and realized he drank tank water. I laughed my bum off at him as he totally grossed out!! He says it tastes terrible! I believe I'll take his word for it.

I've accidentally taken a sip of tank water, and just last night I realized I had fish food in my drinking water >( Had fed the fish in the dark and accidently fed myself as well.

i agree, I'm sure it would taste pretty bad but probably wouldn't hurt you. I've taken many a drink from the lake I grew up on with no ill effects (even though they tell you not to). When you're out sailing for 3 hours and it's hot and you're thirsty....well....it's better than nothing!

One of my friends was the teaching assistant for biological oceanography last year and one of the students ate a ctenophore (a little jellyfish-like critter...no stingers, though). That must have been gross....a saltwater-flavored bag of Jello. Yuck.

I can vouch that tank water is harmless (at least mine is). I did it to prove a point, our water in Fairbanks tasts like crap to start with, so I thought hey, this water is filtered and might tast better. Sure enough it does, then my buddy tried it and he agreed. This is not something i'm gonna do long term, but I just find it nutz that it actually is better tasting than what comes out of my sink. lol

mmm lukewarm with a bit of slime, who needs evian :lol:

i need a python, the old fasioned siphon i have ugh...
i swallowed a good bit of tank water one night because i wasn't paying attention and it made me feel pretty queasy for a day or two, bet meh

not really about tank water but a funny story about drinking something. When I was younger My mom was diagnosed with breast cancer (just finished her 16 year checkup and all is good by the way, 16 is suppossed to be the "magic" number), anyways she really used any and every method of healing which included meditation and herboligy (not sure if that's what it's called). She used to boil a big pot of roots and herbs and plants and such, let it cool, bottle it and put it in the fridge. One hot summer day, my dad comes home from work after his 35 minute drive, he ran straight to the fridge, pulled out a 2l coke bottle (still had the label) and started chugging away. After 1/3 of the bottle he realized it didn't taste quite as refreshing as cold coke and realized he was drinking some kind of root water (has the same color of pop) and almost puked. My mom came in and quietly said: serves you right for not using a glass..." We still bug him about today...

I can agree that tank water tastes like crap.... sometimes when i'm lasy i'll start the flow on my canisters by sucking on the hose. got a big mouthful of crap that was in the filter lines. Nearly puked! My other half laughed so hard she nearly fell ova!

Back
Top Bottom