Your tank pics.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My 55 gallon tank.

Attachments

• image-1576337220.jpg
    image-1576337220.jpg
    164.5 KB · Views: 168
  • image-2376459814.jpg
    image-2376459814.jpg
    158.7 KB · Views: 175
  • image-3371333571.jpg
    image-3371333571.jpg
    166.2 KB · Views: 174
That looks great! Looks like your fish will have lots of great hiding places

Geronica said:
My 40B with night light on
My 55g with a piece of DIY DW being prepared as centerpiece

Wow !!!! I really love that piece of driftwood you found. Looks like a piece of artwork !!

Nice DW, how is it DIY?

Well since I did not go to a store and purchase "Aquarium READY" I figured, if I had to find it (traveled miles to location), scrub it, cure it, etc...ummm I am doing all the the needed work to it myself...so I see it as DIY DW...is that not so:confused:

Wow !!!! I really love that piece of driftwood you found. Looks like a piece of artwork !!

Thank you (y)....I got pretty darn lucky finding it...and I thought the same thing (art) when I was visualizing how it would look once I cleaned and cured it...:thanks: I been working hard to get it cleaned and water logged (may have to attach slate to it not sure...but I am going to be patient with this big ole thing...lol)

Geronica said:
Well since I did not go to a store and purchase "Aquarium READY" I figured, if I had to find it (traveled miles to location), scrub it, cure it, etc...ummm I am doing all the the needed work to it myself...so I see it as DIY DW...is that not so:confused:

Ahh, :p gotcha.. That makes sense.. Lol.

I did the same thing with my driftwood, I had it sitting in my spare tub for weeks

I did the same thing with my driftwood, I had it sitting in my spare tub for weeks

I've had my big chunk sitting in the laundry room sink for weeks. Hubby has banished it from the sink so I guess I'll be attaching it to some rocks in the tank. lol

It turned out my driftwood was fouling the tank so I discarded it and replaced all the water, and rinsed everything and re-scaped the tank. It was a chore but I am happy with the tank now, it looks a bit like a mangrove stream.

Attachments

• nu tank 3.jpg
    nu tank 3.jpg
    159.7 KB · Views: 145
I should be adding a few more plants soon and change the substrate to a fine light brown but this is it so far :)

Attachments

• image-221400147.jpg
    image-221400147.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 123
  • image-2052419258.jpg
    image-2052419258.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 114
  • image-3126873312.jpg
    image-3126873312.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 106
CatfishLoachZealot said:
What do you feed your ctenopoma (the brown and tan spotted fish in the first picture you posted, just above the bala shark, for those who don't know)? I've always wanted to keep some of those but due to tank space and/or their notoriety for being picky eaters have kept me from pursuing them.

When you first get them they are very picky and need to find their own in your tank before really getting into their food. Me and a couple of friends have had a hard time at first with all of ours. Them days ended when I brought home some prawns from work! Honestly feed them chopped prawns and you will never have a problem. They are one of my favourite species I've ever kept!

Not sure how many gallons, got the tank from my mother-in-law. I really want to put some live plants in there just need to sell my husband on that idea.

Yes, Binkini Bottom is located inside of my tank. :cool:

Attachments

• 2012-10-10 14.58.10.jpg
    2012-10-10 14.58.10.jpg
    182.5 KB · Views: 175
When you first get them they are very picky and need to find their own in your tank before really getting into their food. Me and a couple of friends have had a hard time at first with all of ours. Them days ended when I brought home some prawns from work! Honestly feed them chopped prawns and you will never have a problem. They are one of my favourite species I've ever kept!

Cool! Thanks for the info.

Back
Top Bottom