65gal discus breeding tank rebuild/rescaping

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Alot of times evening does seem to be the time. Also i have shut lights off quite a few times with no eggs. Woke up, turned them on and viola, eggs. So ya never know.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Itll be a few weeks before they are shippable. But as soon as they are, they are yours.

They'll have to chill in my 20 gallon "South American" while we wait for the 55 gallon to get set up and cycled and all the fish to be moved over. It'll be fine as long as they don't get big enough to eat my glowlight tetras :lol:

Alot of times evening does seem to be the time. Also i have shut lights off quite a few times with no eggs. Woke up, turned them on and viola, eggs. So ya never know.

I met with the guy who takes care of the Discus, Altum angels, and all the other SA fish at Mystic Aquarium in CT, he gave me some advice for my project. One of the things he told me is that Discus spawning often coordinates with the lunar cycle. So if it's a full moon tonight I bet they'll spawn.

Check what i just found! Batch #2 of pinoy blue angels

Attachments

• 1430094503994.jpg
    1430094503994.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 47
  • 1430094515193.jpg
    1430094515193.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 78
Ive got 150 plus lil pea size triangular free swimmers now from the first batch.

I think if Ann and I succeed at spawning them we'll just leave the eggs with the parents and hope a few survive :lol: I never knew angelfish laid so many eggs!

Im going to give them a shot at parent raising these.

I should change thread name to all breeding project builds. Lol. Ive got babies of everything i own, except my discus. Ive only got the 2" guys that are sold already. Geez.

3 strains of guppies. 2 strains of aulonocara. 3 strains of discus at 2". Pinoy blu angelfish babies. GBR & EBR. BN plecos.

Well its because i did this thread and re scaped the discus tank, that i found thos BN pleco babies.two of my strains of guppies are all sold at the next club meeting including parents. So thats gonna take a load off me, lol. That Should free up the time to build a stream tank for the gold ring hillstream loaches.

As of right now though the update on the discus tank is abt the same. They are still hovering around that spot on the branch. Only left to eat a glob of bloodworms, lol. Then went right back to it. Good sign, good sign.

Oh boy hillstream loaches! That's a build I really want to see. I love hillstream and brookstream loaches.

I'm hoping to see an update tomorrow about discus eggs!

You and me both, brotha. Id be surprised though. I guess i expected a longer adjustment period to the new tank. But still hopeful. As for the loach build, im going at that totally blind. Got my hands on some gorgeous gold ring reticulated hillstream loaches. So.... of course.... its a reason to build while i wait on the discus patiently.

You and me both, brotha. Id be surprised though. I guess i expected a longer adjustment period to the new tank. But still hopeful. As for the loach build, im going at that totally blind. Got my hands on some gorgeous gold ring reticulated hillstream loaches. So.... of course.... its a reason to build while i wait on the discus patiently.

Just gonna leave this here... best loach tank build I've ever used. Prettymuch can't be beat.
River-Tank Manifold Design — Loaches Online

Ill update when home from work. Hoping for a surprise.

Back
Top Bottom