Pico? Need Options for 2.5 or 5g tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ive got a .5 gallon pico cycled and waiting for som coral and a hermit and astrea. :) yours looks good ! The 5050 bulbs yous are talking about are perfect i had them on my nano too !

That looks awesome Dimdim! :) thanks for the compliments! I've been happy with the lights so far. :) you think 2 is too much for a 2.5 gallon? Or could it change the corals I can keep? What are you planning on stocking your pico with?

2 should be good, just keep an eye on anything if they start to bleach, or just leave them on for 6 hrs instead of 12 :) i love the half moon thats so cool! Im gonna be putting in some zoas, mushrooms, and maybe a leather or gsp. And just a few hermit snails or an emerald crab :) im setting up a water bottle modded with airline for a drip auto top off;)

Heres an updated pic ! And my heater is in the hob filter :)

Attachments

• image-4275715428.jpg
    image-4275715428.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 81
Heres an updated pic ! And my heater is in the hob filter :)

Looks awesome! Does the intake of your hob hang down too far for it to actually hang? I put a nano filter in mine but I think a larger hob would be better, my tank just isn't tall enough. The nano filter barely fits. Lol.

img_2360976_0_88f0d1c5379d2ebfe9eb1a3722f90380.jpg

Here's a pic this morning. :) I'm hoping to add rock in the next couple days. There is one very small piece in there.

Thanks !:) and nope i took the bottom part of the inake off and stuffed a piece of coarse foam in there to keep my livestock from getting sucked up ! Its just a tetra 10 filter that comes with a ten gallon kit

Thanks !:) and nope i took the bottom part of the inake off and stuffed a piece of coarse foam in there to keep my livestock from getting sucked up ! Its just a tetra 10 filter that comes with a ten gallon kit

You're welcome. Genius! Assuming I get the protein skimmer I want for my bday, and the power head I ordered is as good as it is supposed to be, I'm going to have an extra one of those. :) I'm excited. I've wanted a pico for a long time and it sort of just happened out of no where.

I just read your thread about tearing down your nano. I literally took my 10 gallon nano down and set this one up with the sand and rock and everything. I wasn't ready to only have my 55. Lol. I'm about to level out my sand and maybe put a few pieces of rubble in there. I'll post a pic when it's done. :)

Awesome stuff!! I cant wait to see how yours turns out! And yeah i tore it down awhile ago, was alot of work. I like the way smaller pico of half a gallon :) what u gunna stock urs with?

Awesome stuff!! I cant wait to see how yours turns out! And yeah i tore it down awhile ago, was alot of work. I like the way smaller pico of half a gallon :) what u gunna stock urs with?

Thanks. :) I put a little bit of rubble in there but I stirred the sand up pretty well. Lol. It's a lot easier to do when there's not much water in there. I'm thinking mostly some soft corals. Mushrooms, polyps, etc. then probably some sexy shrimp. :)

Cool!! Are u going to dose or just water changes

I will probably just do the weekly water changes when I do PWCs in my 55 gallon. :) any other stocking suggestions are welcome. :) I just know I'm very limited. Haha.

I am loving my college experience. Laying in bed watching the sand settle until I have class at 4. Lol.
Perfect afternoon, in my opinion.

img_2361206_0_a0a5f933139bc1cd3f2618e25f63dc82.jpg

img_2361206_1_073a9bc5214ac8bc4b025291a2dcff0f.jpg

Right on! I just stocked my pico :) picked up some red clove polyps and an astrea snail :)

Right on! I just stocked my pico :) picked up some red clove polyps and an astrea snail :)

That's awesome! :) pics hopefully? Lol. My lfs suggested a neon goby for mine. I'm skeptical of any fish in a tank this size. What do you think?

I just tested my parameters.
Ammonia: .25 ppm
Nitrite: .25 ppm
Nitrate: 20 ppm

Weird that my nitrates and nitrites are already so high!

Id say no fish and just get a nice size crab or two, and a shrimp and snails:) and coral! And yeah pic to come soon :)

Id say no fish and just get a nice size crab or two, and a shrimp and snails:) and coral! And yeah pic to come soon :)

That's what I was thinking. :) What do you think about my parameters? Is it really already time for a pwc?? Weird! Excited to see your pics!

Dont do a water change untill your nitrite and ammonia are at 0 and your nitrates are really high !

Dont do a water change untill your nitrite and ammonia are at 0 and your nitrates are really high !

Okay. Awesome. Thanks! I'm hoping this one will cycle relatively fast. It already seems to be going faster than usual. :)

Back
Top Bottom