Pico? Need Options for 2.5 or 5g tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I hope so too! Mine cycled in 5 days but i gave it an extra 4 days to ripen up haha im trying to upload a pic from my iphone but its not working its exceeding my capacity? Its never done that before

I hope so too! Mine cycled in 5 days but i gave it an extra 4 days to ripen up haha im trying to upload a pic from my iphone but its not working its exceeding my capacity? Its never done that before

That means you've uploaded your max Number of pics. It sucks! That's why I use photobucket.com. It's free. You upload the pic there and copy/paste the IMG code.

That's awesome. :) I'm going to be testing mine everyday. I messed up and jumped the gun on my other reef, so I'm testing water daily anyway. Lol.

Lol. I always just remind myself that those are 1st world problems that I'm lucky to have. :)

Yup agreed! So i got everything :) i have them acclating to my moonlight right now then ill flip on the actinics in morningg

Yup agreed! So i got everything :) i have them acclating to my moonlight right now then ill flip on the actinics in morningg

How is everyone doing today? :)

I want a pom pom crab. Those are cool

They're adorable!! I didn't want one until you said that and I started reading about them. Lol. They're so tiny!

How is everyone doing today? :)

They're adorable!! I didn't want one until you said that and I started reading about them. Lol. They're so tiny!

Pom Pom crabs are cool and "adorable". The only thing with having a Pom Pom crab in for instance a 40g breeder is that you will only see it about 3 times a year and that will be at night with the lights out. They're nocturnal feeders and hide during the day.
I know they are different but I have 4 emerald crabs in my 120g and I think I've seen 2 emerald crabs in about 8 months.

Pom Pom crabs are cool and "adorable". The only thing with having a Pom Pom crab in for instance a 40g breeder is that you will only see it about 3 times a year and that will be at night with the lights out. They're nocturnal feeders and hide during the day.
I know they are different but I have 4 emerald crabs in my 120g and I think I've seen 2 emerald crabs in about 8 months.

My apologies, I just saw that this is going in a 2.5g or a 5g. You'll probably see him more than that.

My apologies, I just saw that this is going in a 2.5g or a 5g. You'll probably see him more than that.
No problem at all! I have porcelain crabs in my 55 and see them once in a blue moon. I'm hoping that in my 2.5 gallon(which is what I've decided on) if I have a couple I'll see them.

Yeah lol ! I know big als sells em around eh :)

Lol. Big Al's? Like from toy story? ;D

Its a massive fish store here in ontario there all pver the toronto area and in alberta too lol

Its a massive fish store here in ontario there all pver the toronto area and in alberta too lol

I thought the 'eh' sounded Canadian. Lol. :) I wish we had a huge fish store close to me. We have one and any other one is probably at least 100 miles away. West Texas is so secluded. Lol.

No problem at all! I have porcelain crabs in my 55 and see them once in a blue moon. I'm hoping that in my 2.5 gallon(which is what I've decided on) if I have a couple I'll see them.

Lol. Big Al's? Like from toy story? ;D

Yea, Big Al's is also big for the online community for those who like or can't go to a lfs. I prefer to shop for all my fish, inverts and corals locally and through other reefers. I know what I'm going to get when I see it and if I don't like what I see I can say no or walk away. With online you get what they give you and hope it's healthy.

I have had 4 peppermint shrimp in my 120g. I've seen 2 of them. 1 was dried shrimp on my top center brace and the other was scavenging when the moonlights were on. They don't last long and I'm sure they were food for my pistol shrimp or something else. Pistol shrimps are also really cool, you just have to make sure your rock is stable because they burrow under an if not then your rock scape will tumble.

A 2.5G will be cool. A little more difficult to keep the parameters stable. But will be nice and fun none the less.

Agreed. I have 40g and 1 peppermint, i can see him all the time! Im not a fan of pistol shrimp as id rather not risk tumbling rocks and broken tanks . I want to get a cleaner shrimp, a blood shrimp and maybe another peppermint for my 40. I prefer to shop locally too, but when it comes to sps theyre scarce locally. Not many ppl around here have the light capacity for sps, ive only met a few even my lfs doesnt use leds and only keeps montiporas i from what i saw, no clams either

Yea, Big Al's is also big for the online community for those who like or can't go to a lfs. I prefer to shop for all my fish, inverts and corals locally and through other reefers. I know what I'm going to get when I see it and if I don't like what I see I can say no or walk away. With online you get what they give you and hope it's healthy.

I have had 4 peppermint shrimp in my 120g. I've seen 2 of them. 1 was dried shrimp on my top center brace and the other was scavenging when the moonlights were on. They don't last long and I'm sure they were food for my pistol shrimp or something else. Pistol shrimps are also really cool, you just have to make sure your rock is stable because they burrow under an if not then your rock scape will tumble.

A 2.5G will be cool. A little more difficult to keep the parameters stable. But will be nice and fun none the less.

I've thought about a pistol shrimp, but if I do that I want to have a shrimp-goby pair and I would feel guilty putting any SW fish in a tank that small. I'm the girl that keeps bettas in 3 gallons at very minimum, though. I think 5-10 is more appropriate. Lol. I love pistol shrimp and one of these days I'll have one! My water is all clear and pretty and I put a background on the tank. I'll post a picture in a few minutes. :)

I've thought about a pistol shrimp, but if I do that I want to have a shrimp-goby pair and I would feel guilty putting any SW fish in a tank that small. I'm the girl that keeps bettas in 3 gallons at very minimum, though. I think 5-10 is more appropriate. Lol. I love pistol shrimp and one of these days I'll have one! My water is all clear and pretty and I put a background on the tank. I'll post a picture in a few minutes. :)

Waiting patiently!! !! :p

Agreed. I have 40g and 1 peppermint, i can see him all the time! Im not a fan of pistol shrimp as id rather not risk tumbling rocks and broken tanks . I want to get a cleaner shrimp, a blood shrimp and maybe another peppermint for my 40. I prefer to shop locally too, but when it comes to sps theyre scarce locally. Not many ppl around here have the light capacity for sps, ive only met a few even my lfs doesnt use leds and only keeps montiporas i from what i saw, no clams either

I meant to say in my other post that I love peppermint shrimp! That was the first thing I put in my 10 gallon. They were killed by my ignorance, but I got two more and they lived in the nano for a while and now they're in my 55. They're very active and I see them both every day! My lfs has a lot of sps corals. They have a great selection. Their prices are just outrageous sometimes. I prefer to support a local business and save up to shop there anyway!

img_2362775_0_56c09a62799969be950123491efb61a4.jpg

Here it is! :)

Back
Top Bottom