Eggy's fish and tanks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The worst looking one died
The others are relatively active, 4 have good coloration the 5th is a bit clamped and dark. No spots, no flashing, no inflamed gills, good weight for the size, no fin damage. Just the one that died and the other look a bit off. I have to retreat the gen cure tonight but they're looking better overall.
Yes they're in QT, seeded media could have been subject to a mini cycle but I've been doing water changes as frequently as I can considering med instructions and dosing with prime every 48 hrs and with WC

Hopefully all will be well after second treatment...
If not speak up so we can figure next option on treatment...

Thanks cb
Just want to prevent any issues down the line since I'm sure they were at the least exposed to ich. Plan is to finish this treatment and monitor until the end of the month. Next step is to go into second stage QT with some inverts just to check them in an active and established environment then on to the cory tank.
I know that's probably weird but I like to do QT in two stage intervals. If other stuff in the tank starts looking funny at least I have a second chance to correct it.

That's a smart QT process IMO.
My step 2(when I QT) is to add a fish of my own to the QT tank in case the issue is something my fish are fine with (and carry) but with the new ones are not going to like ...

And the bane of my cory keeping experience: c rabauti vs c zygatus
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1452293673.783668.jpg
Oh and mr handsome
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1452293702.283924.jpg

That's a smart QT process IMO.
My step 2(when I QT) is to add a fish of my own to the QT tank in case the issue is something my fish are fine with (and carry) but with the new ones are not going to like ...

Any examples of what you mean? I get worried with adding other fish in case I condemn them to illness. Are you checking to see if new fish defenses are still down, or if the new fish will pass something along?

Looking to see if my own fish could have some issue that is not 'active'.

You can be sure that many bacteria that could have a pathogenic effect on a fish with a compromised immune system are already harmlessly present in the aquarium. The main reservoir of latent bacterial infection is not the gravel that you might be vacuuming so diligently, however, but the other fishes. The bacteria involved are ubiquitous, but they aren't ordinarily virulent, that is, not until environmental stresses depress a fishes' immune system. By the time bacterial populations have overwhelmed a fishes' immune response to the extent that it is showing acute symptoms, such as bloating or impaired balance, the sick fish has become a major source of infection for its tankmates.

Taken from;
Bacterial infections | The Skeptical Aquarist

I haven't added fish from an outside source to my DT in over a year.
Since I breed most fish they spend eternity in QT with me...

Mr Handsome indeed! :D Showing off, he knows he's got it going on :D Sorry I can't say much about corydoras.... they are pretty though!

It's funny the cory tank looks so empty in the pics, but it's buzzing when you walk in. 45 of em in there.
Debating if I should move some stock around and "stage" for the auction or just wait.

This is more like it:
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1452305513.492589.jpg

Also, I pulled these worms out of the 15g and was like oh disgusting and now that I thought about it, I'm pretty sure they're blackworms that survived getting eaten cause the fish in that tank are pretty small. Any risk to leaving them?

Here's the pics that you asked for. It looks like my girl has some growing to do, this guy's huge!

Sent from my LGLS770 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1452384209612.jpg
    1452384209612.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 54
  • 1452384234879.jpg
    1452384234879.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 45
Egg$! When I got the brochi's the smaller 2 looked like you described, they've since come around and gained some considerable size in a short time. Barebottom Lfs tanks can be rough on corys me thinks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Gillie they look great together so happy he made it ok! He wanted to come to you...took me under 10 seconds to net him ;)

Brooksie good to know...I lost one but the rest seem to be doing better. They were at the LFS for only a few hours (gravel tank with some black skirts) and not sure what the heck the distributor does with them. They were quick to eat yesterday so that's a good sign. If you ever breed yours I would still want some!

Apparently the brochis are all starving to death today. Good sign. 2 are still slimy and one is still dark but overall looking ok. Tomorrow hits end of med cycle so I'm gonna slam them with water changes and good food and see how they do.

I am having some bum luck lately with fish. The one gangly looking zebra loach I got is doing much worse, they aren't easy to observe in the tank but saw him today and he's literally wasting away to nothing. Probably won't last more than a day or two...crooked...ulceration...ugh. So sad :(

I am having some bum luck lately with fish. The one gangly looking zebra loach I got is doing much worse, they aren't easy to observe in the tank but saw him today and he's literally wasting away to nothing. Probably won't last more than a day or two...crooked...ulceration...ugh. So sad :(
I hate when I lose a fish. It's unavoidable and for those who keep a lot of fish it happens a decent amount just because we have a lot of fish. Do you euth them when they get on their last legs? I try to when I'm certain I'm going to lose them. Clove oil. Smh. Now im sad for you.

Brenna

Happened to me a few weeks ago with a zebra loach. It's the price of loach keeping, inevitably you get some that just waste away :(

Back
Top Bottom