My marbel angle fish laid eggs! Neat.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I lost around half to being unfertilized. Really bummed. The parents just picked them off the tank and went on protection and fanning. It's amazing how upset we get and the fish just carry on.

Went to work this morning. Had a quick look. Maybe 10 eggs White. Once I'm home i'l know for sure as that will be 48 hours. Safe after that. Z only thing I would say is must be tricky for male to fertilise on the leaf as it will move about a bit.

Well about half of mine were dead this morning. Next time I'm definitely leaving the parents in with them until they hatch. Also there are some sort of tiny creatures in the tank, don't know if they are bad guys or not. Maybe 1/20 the size of an egg, can barely see them except when they move.

Might take out the substrate next time and go with a bare tank.

If the parents are removed then the eggs need some constant flow on them, turning a powerhead on them or putting them in the filter output works really well.

@somethingfishy, if they haven't kept a spawn in 4-5 times they may never do it. I'd try pulling the eggs next time after they lay them to see if its a fertilization problem rather than a parenting one.

Zp Ur bad guys don't sound good. Wonder what they are!? I came home from work. 10 White eggs in total so that should be it. Sorry u guys had a rough time but probably the next bit is more important - getting them to eat once they hatch!!! Iv still got about 20 from first batch and think they might now be safe! Leaving parents in, I can't see how it can help apart from removing dead eggs but my meth blue seems to do the trick. I left my male and female with the eggs for about 5 hours but after she stopped laying, he continued for a few minutes then they both just fanned and protected them.

Last time I put my air underneath eggs but it was mistake. As soon as they started wriggling the air blew them all off. As long as there's a flow in the water it should be ok.

Best of luck. I just did water changes in my garage and I have a 5g with around 50 that are about 3 or 4 days free swimming and the other tank is still looking pretty good, the one I took pics of last week. The numbers have dwindled some, I would say there are probably 40-50 out of the 100+ originally in there, but the good news is the gold/platinum pair is cleaning off a leaf as we speak, so they are going at it again. It's an every week thing with them I guess.

Jj. Mines were free swimming for 4 days then the death rate went up. The only ones that survived were the ones u could clearly see food in their stomachs. Trying the live brine for this batch! Zp I got a couple of small tails, think mines laid first but u seem to be in front. What's ur tank temperature. ???

Back
Top Bottom