20 gallon Q & A build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have most likely been in there at some point. My job has me all over northern Illinois, s Wisconsin and north east Indiana. I have tropi-aquatics (5minutes away) and 2 aquarium adventures not too far from me.

Its called Coral Reef Pet Center. I don't know of a closer lfs than that to me, I'm up in Gurnee so all we have it Petsmart and Petco :(
You know of any FW clubs in the area?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

So just a double check. Im dosing 10ml of leaf zone weekly and 1.5 ml of flourish weekly. Or should I be doing the flourish 2x a week? The bottle says 1 or 2 times a week. And have root tabs around the swords. Also should I pick up a bottle of liquid CO2 or is that something I need the new light for to be effective?

Hmm, if that's reccomended weekly dose than its fine. Than again again your plant load is minimal and swords pull most nutrients from the substrate so you could prob half dose weekly and be fine for now. The liquid carbon will depend on your plant choice and lighting level. Most likely it will help. I always recommend metricide 14 off amazon, it's far cheaper and more effective..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Hmm, if that's reccomended weekly dose than its fine. Than again again your plant load is minimal and swords pull most nutrients from the substrate so you could prob half dose weekly and be fine for now. The liquid carbon will depend on your plant choice and lighting level. Most likely it will help. I always recommend metricide 14 off amazon, it's far cheaper and more effective..

When I google that I get a disinfectant and Sterilization Solutions???
Interesting I may be able to get this for free. I work for a large Dental / medical equipment and supply company.

If you are ever in Hoffman estates you have to stop in aquarium adventure!
Aquarium Adventure Chicago
The only thing I am aware of is the greater Chicago cichlid association.
Home

Man we need some more FW clubs...
Gotta think when I am going to Cabela's in Hoffman Estates next. Gives me more of reason to go Aquarium Adventure, and it saves gas

When I google that I get a disinfectant and Sterilization Solutions???
Interesting I may be able to get this for free. I work for a large Dental / medical equipment and supply company.

That's what it is.. my gf saw the jug I just ordered and commented on how it's used in her office for sterilizing medical tools haha. You throw away the activator solution and you have the active ingredient in seachem excel and api co2 booster for a fraction of the price. Not so well kept secret of the hobby;)

I'm looking to add a couple low growing plants to the right front. Any suggestions. I should be ordering the + pro on friday
And anyone wondering I still have 5 neons zipping around.
Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Dwarf sag or narrow leaf chain sword!

Dwarf sag or narrow leaf chain sword!

If I'm searching correctly it says both of these get to 6". Is there something that stays around 2" in height?

If I'm searching correctly it says both of these get to 6". Is there something that stays around 2" in height?

Hehe of course there is... are you ready for heart breaking carpet plants yet? I was trying to ease you in..

Hehe of course there is... are you ready for heart breaking carpet plants yet? I was trying to ease you in..

Give it to me Brookster and don't sugar coat it. I can take it!!!
What about dwarf baby tears? would they be ok for a week till the light gets here or no go?

High light+co2+dry ferts or forget the DBT... checkout star repens. Left side of my tank here. About 2"..

Attachments

• 1424535419199.jpg
    1424535419199.jpg
    242.3 KB · Views: 59
High light+co2+dry ferts or forget the DBT... checkout star repens. Left side of my tank here. About 2"..

Hey I like those! Wonder if I can find them locally. When you say co2 will liquid work or am I about to jump off the cliff already.??? Have to search the dry ferts. Man I think I started this thread a week ago talking about easy......whet the He77 happened........

Hey I like those! Wonder if I can find them locally. When you say co2 will liquid work or am I about to jump off the cliff already.??? Have to search the dry ferts. Man I think I started this thread a week ago talking about easy......whet the He77 happened........

Jump! Jump! The CO2 is addicting, lol!

? Diana Lee ?
? the St. Augustine Redhead ?

I'm still a planted tank novice, so I'm not the final word. I use the Seachem Flourish line of liquid ferts, and their root tabs. I dose macros and micros on alternating days so that the interaction doesn't foul up the water. I only dose once or twice a week for each since my plants are still tiny and I don't want an algae bloom...

Nonetheless, JUMP! It's fun!!

? Diana Lee ?
? the St. Augustine Redhead ?

I'm trying to ease in and stop prior to needing daily ferts and CO2 injections. Not sure how long I'll hold out... :)

So macros and micros should be dosed on alternate days because they conflict? Can you elaborate?

Keeping my sleeves wet...

~ Sent via Carrier Goldfish

If you want to do a small jump go DIY co2. Its really simple, not as expensive as pressurized, and my DC is always green. Have been running the same 2 bottles for 3 weeks now with no loss of co2. It also has enough pressure to push the co2 through a ceramic diffuser. You saw my star repens with just liquid ferts and diy co2, they are growing in nice!

Thank you for that info! I have to research almost everything I that post, but it's still very helpful as I know what to pay attention to when I read the stickies.

Keeping my sleeves wet...

~ Sent via Carrier Goldfish

If you want to do a small jump go DIY co2. Its really simple, not as expensive as pressurized, and my DC is always green. Have been running the same 2 bottles for 3 weeks now with no loss of co2. It also has enough pressure to push the co2 through a ceramic diffuser. You saw my star repens with just liquid ferts and diy co2, they are growing in nice!

I was just looking at videos on this. Very simple. How ever I have read that it should come on before lights com on and turn off before lights go off. How important is this? I'm assuming the DIY runs 24/7.

Back
Top Bottom