20 gallon Q & A build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Noooooooooo!!!!!!!! Noooooooooo Noooooooooo. Don't cheap out on me now mike.. that thing is a pita. Just do it right and get the aquatek paintball setup. Around $130 all in but no upgrade needed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I DIDN'T DOOOOOOO ITTTTTT!!!!! LOL I decided to wait and the DIY seems to be doing something this time. How long does it usually take to build enough pressure to get through the back flow preventer and start bubbling???

I second the Aquatek. Never had any problems out of it and fully adjustable flow rate plus cuts off via solenoid when you want it to.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

I DIDN'T DOOOOOOO ITTTTTT!!!!! LOL I decided to wait and the DIY seems to be doing something this time. How long does it usually take to build enough pressure to get through the back flow preventer and start bubbling???

An hour or so..

Was thinking of upping the neon school but noooo now I'm cranking the heat up to 86

Was thinking of upping the neon school but noooo now I'm cranking the heat up to 86

Crap... ichy ban ban?? May as well add them while you're treating??

Ok got this working. Going to pick up a diffuser tomorrow. Does the output of this look normal. The smaller bubbles are going into the out put of the filter and being pushed back down into the water column.

Just stick the tube into the intake of an ac. Diffusers arnt recommended for diy rigs.. clog up and not.usually enough pressure to be effective.

Just stick the tube into the intake of an ac. Diffusers arnt recommended for diy rigs.. clog up and not.usually enough pressure to be effective.

Good Idea Will do. Thanks for taking a min from your own build!

Good Idea Will do. Thanks for taking a min from your own build!

I run my pressurized into an ac 20, works just great!! That build has been weeks in the making haha

So now that I'm running the DIY Co2 do I need to be testing anything besides the standard API tests?

It measures the co2 levels in the water. I use the fluval one, its $14.49 on amazon for the kit.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Had my first uprooted plant today. Replanted with a tong tool I bought. It was kind of easy dint think it would be. On another note the neons are doing good and all signs of ich was gone in 24 hours. Still keeping the temp at 86 for another week and a half to be on the safe side. Still don't know how a neon uprooted a plant.

Had my first uprooted plant today. Replanted with a tong tool I bought. It was kind of easy dint think it would be. On another note the neons are doing good and all signs of ich was gone in 24 hours. Still keeping the temp at 86 for another week and a half to be on the safe side. Still don't know how a neon uprooted a plant.

Maybe it just wasn't planted deep enough. A few of mine came back up and I had to plant them deeper.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Maybe it just wasn't planted deep enough. A few of mine came back up and I had to plant them deeper.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Very possible. It was one of the star repens. They don't have much roots on them yet.

2 quick questions
1 are the star repens low, medium or high light?
2 What is a good moss type plant to attach and cover a clay pot used as a cave?
Thanks.

2 quick questions
1 are the star repens low, medium or high light?
2 What is a good moss type plant to attach and cover a clay pot used as a cave?
Thanks.

1. I would think the star repens are medium lighting.
2. Never used it but java moss?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom