60 gallon cube build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's up to you but why put fish you have had that are doing great through the stress of a newly established quarantine tank? I wouldn't I'd rather put my healthy fish into a healthy reef system than a bare bottom, PVC filled quarantine. For new arrivals, yes definite quarantine I just don't see why your healthy fish should go into quarantine. Just my .02

+1 on this, if your fish are healthy and eating, the only stress they should go through is the shift from tank to tank. QT isn't necessary.

Well found out my RODI system didnt come with the DI unit! Btw i got the BRS 5 chloramine unit + which comes with an built in in line TDS meter and a membrane flush valve, no idea what the flush valve is though...

I flush my membrane for a few minutes every time I make water. You can see with the tds meter when you can flip it back to produce water.

Well looks like the lfs screwed me this time... They gave me the BRS 5 stage chloramine standard without the DI unit for 250$, the same price as the plus version...

Called the lfs and they said they can give me the DI unit for free! Little update! Cleaned out the tank and am planning on plumbing it tommarow! :D

Called the lfs and they said they can give me the DI unit for free! Little update! Cleaned out the tank and am planning on plumbing it tommarow! :D

Awesome, good to know there are more good stores out there! Looks like you're getting closer to setting this bad boy up!

Awesome, good to know there are more good stores out there! Looks like you're getting closer to setting this bad boy up!

Well semi-good, i paid for the plus which comes with a built in TDS meter, a membrane flush valve, and a airpressure meter but i only got the standard. 60$ waste.

Well semi-good, i paid for the plus which comes with a built in TDS meter, a membrane flush valve, and a airpressure meter but i only got the standard. 60$ waste.

Did you try talking to them about that? Maybe they can fix something up for you.

Good luck!

Well i didnt get the additives but they did give me the DI unit for free, had to pay 17$ for the DI resin though. Looked into the return pumps, gonna go with a mag 7. Also gonna get a wrasse for this tank, not sure what type yet but its definately gonna get one! Noticed when i was washing the tank out that there is a bunch of crude and dead stuff in the overflow, not much i can do since its only 3 inches wide.

Last edited:
Well i didnt get the additives but they did give me the DI unit for free, had to pay 17$ for the DI resin though. Looked into the return pumps, gonna go with a mag 7. Also gonna get a wrasse for this tank, not sure what type yet but its definately gonna get one! Noticed when i was washing the tank out that there is a bunch of crude and dead stuff in the overflow, not much i can do since its only 3 inches wide.

Try getting a brush down there and just rinse it out.

Try getting a brush down there and just rinse it out.

Will do, the stuff is like a crust down there so dont think i will make any progress. Found some dead starfish stuck on the glass though lol. Happy im finally makeing progress!

Will do, the stuff is like a crust down there so dont think i will make any progress. Found some dead starfish stuck on the glass though lol. Happy im finally makeing progress!

Use vinegar it might help.

Progress is always fun and rewarding :)

Back
Top Bottom