60 gallon cube build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Also found a small area where the silicone is worn down, completley gone. Gonna resilicone that part tonight

Gonna plumb the tank today! I found that the overflow bulkhead is 1" and the return is 3/4", is this normal? Should i just get different tubeing for the return and the overflow or should i try and fix it?

I went to lowes and they said that the pvc cement will melt the flexable tubeing, is that true? I am thinking of hard plumbing this tank with pvc instead of useing the flexable stuff. Also when we tried to fit the flexable tubeing onto a bulkhead it wasnt a snug fit, it was kinda loose and the tubeing was bent makeing it unable to hold water.

Is there a way you can bend the tubeing to fit? How do you guys do it?

I went to lowes and they said that the pvc cement will melt the flexable tubeing, is that true? I am thinking of hard plumbing this tank with pvc instead of useing the flexable stuff. Also when we tried to fit the flexable tubeing onto a bulkhead it wasnt a snug fit, it was kinda loose and the tubeing was bent makeing it unable to hold water.

Is there a way you can bend the tubeing to fit? How do you guys do it?

So is there no way to do this?

Bulkhead union. Loft water tank, ponds, toilet overflow systems. Various sizes available. Metric/imperial.
You might call them something different.

Do you have pvc slip or thread bulkheads first off.....

If they have the ribbing for the hose, just put the clamp on the hose end, then connect and tighten the clamp with the hose and barbed section.

Do you have pvc slip or thread bulkheads first off.....

If they have the ribbing for the hose, just put the clamp on the hose end, then connect and tighten the clamp with the hose and barbed section.

Whats the difference between the two?

If the part that is below the stand and tank has ribs to it, the you can attach hose. If there is just smooth plastic then you might need to plumb pvc. Can you get a picture?

Good, got some live rock that came with a couple snails and hermits that will help cycle the new tank! Havent had much time to work on it though, more progress on friday. Gonna try and do the plumbing then

Back
Top Bottom