60 gallon cube build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would have gone FOWLR if i didnt get these metal halides in the buy. Their coral life aqualight professional series. And whats the point of FOWLR if you cant have some big fish? Their would have been no point in buying the cube over the long ya know?

Lol sorry I forgot :p I've heard mixed stories about red legged hermits in reefs though. Maybe you can get some blue legged hermits with some scarlet reef hermits. You can also get some turbos, I think they're fun to watch scoot around the tank and some nassarius to help aerate the sand bed even more.

Thought about shrimp? 2-3 skunk cleaners would be nice.

Lol sorry I forgot :p I've heard mixed stories about red legged hermits in reefs though. Maybe you can get some blue legged hermits with some scarlet reef hermits. You can also get some turbos, I think they're fun to watch scoot around the tank and some nassarius to help aerate the sand bed even more.

Thought about shrimp? 2-3 skunk cleaners would be nice.

Im gonna do 1 cleaner shrimp and 1 fire, for snails, i have 3 red bandits in my 37g and they are really good at cleaning up, i will do 5-6 of them, i also have a turbo but he doesnt do much so i think i will stick with the red bandits for algea. I will get a couple nassarius too 3-4. Ok i guess not with the red legged hermits, somthing been eating my zoas in my other tank and i think it might by them. So how about 10 blue legs? My lfs has free shells so that wont be an issue

Im gonna do 1 cleaner shrimp and 1 fire, for snails, i have 3 red bandits in my 37g and they are really good at cleaning up, i will do 5-6 of them, i also have a turbo but he doesnt do much so i think i will stick with the red bandits for algea. I will get a couple nassarius too 3-4. Ok i guess not with the red legged hermits, somthing been eating my zoas in my other tank and i think it might by them. So how about 10 blue legs? My lfs has free shells so that wont be an issue

That sounds perfect! I like my little blue legs myself, very fun to watch :p

That sounds perfect! I like my little blue legs myself, very fun to watch :p

Going out to buy the rock for the tank today! Its a 40lb piece of dry rock i really like, plenty of space for frags, and has alot of holes going in and out. Gonna flush the RODI system also, i will do it for 30mins just incase or should i go longer? Its 75gpd

Just remembered i have ceramic media nad bio balls in my cansiter filter on my other tank! This should help get me through the cycle!!!

Going out to buy the rock for the tank today! Its a 40lb piece of dry rock i really like, plenty of space for frags, and has alot of holes going in and out. Gonna flush the RODI system also, i will do it for 30mins just incase or should i go longer? Its 75gpd

Cool! I think 30 minutes should be good, Carey said she lets hers flush for 10-15. And your old media will definitely help speed up the cycle!

Cool! I think 30 minutes should be good, Carey said she lets hers flush for 10-15. And your old media will definitely help speed up the cycle!

Ok thanks, will flush after lunch! Another Q on sumps, how will the water get from the overflow to the sump? In the overflow all there is is the return pipe and some pvc attached to a bulk head that goes to the sump, will it judt drain because its lower down than the water surface?

image-738254117.jpg

image-501470227.jpg

image-1390554632.jpg

From hosing hooked up to the overflow plumbing.
I can take a quick picture of one of mine if you like

Back
Top Bottom