60g w/ sump build, NEW! :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
bcantrell said:
I just bought a ten gallon tank for that same reason but cant figure how to turn it into a sump. I also have an xp3 and a small marine land canister and a fluidized bed filter is that to much?

It's super easy! Happy to help on this end! I saw pics of reefpetes as well, his is awesome!

Well no nitrites yet. I wonder if pulling that shrimp out stopped the cycle? Is that possible? Ammonia is at 1.25ppm still. Looks like I need to continue to be patient and wait to see what happens this week!

Still got my eye on that snowflake eel as a first addition! :) I can wait no problem for him, I think they are awesome!

Readingexcalibur said:
Today I went to Acrylicaquariums other known as ATM, other know as Tanked on Animal Plant and ordered the fish for this build. Also bought a torch coral for my reef. I figure by the time they get the fish, this tank will be cycled! :) looking at a month anyhow!

I watch that show every week! That's cool you got to meet them.

An update to anyone interested, I just did my week 2 water test. I am happy with the results. Last week I didn't get any nitrites, but this week I have plenty to go around! :) maybe next week I can do my first water change and get my eel.

Well my ammonia is at 0, nitrites are at 0.25 and nitrates are at 20-30ppm. Think I could do a water change now and get me a fish? :)

Lol just getting excited ha, thanks reefpete! As soon as these trites hit 0, I'm changing and grabbing that lion! ;). My wife is going to be traditional and name him symba. Ha

Well looks like overnight was the last night needing to cycle. Trates are at 40. The rest is 0. How much of a water change should I perform tonight?

Well, did a 50% water change. Added more salt. Going to try and match 1.025 tonight so I can get my lion tomorrow. :)

Thanks! Yeah, he should be good. He will eventually have the Valentini Toby and possibly the snowflake for a buddy. Only thing is I'll eventually have to
Swap the eel.

All in and looking good his bag salinity was 1.021 and my tank was 1.025. Had to do an hour and a half drip acclimation. I have him under the blues tonight! That way he can chill and relax stress free, no crazy bright lights.

Thanks, this was him this morning. I am realy considered a Valentini Toby puffer. Think he would be ok? I am afraid he is going to nip at the lion.

I am not getting any fish until the lion is eating and is comfortable.

I would think a Toby puffer would be fine with a lionfish. They really like to pick at clams more than anything, from what I gather. I used to have one, until my wife bought me a Derasa clam years back, without knowing they didn't get along. I said, thanks babe, and the Toby went to the LFS that day. Bummer too, I really liked that fish. That's also my name btw... Toby. :)

Back
Top Bottom