Adding 2 More Corys

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cmwalters

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a 20 gallon tall with a pair of kribensis, 6 pristella tetras, and 3 bronze corys. It is mildly planted to keep the aggression down in the Kribs and I have 2 pieces of driftwood. I am running a Aquaclear 50, and I have an Aqueon Quietflow 20 I could also run alongside it, if needed. I was at my lfs the other day I noticed these 2 peppered corys in a tank and I really liked them. They are fairly large so im assuming they are full grown, and a tad bigger than my bronze corys. Basically what I am asking is can I add these 2 corys to my tank? I have been looking to up my school of corys anyways. Would these school with the ones in my tank? They were with some bronze corys in the tank at the store and were very active. Aqadvisor said I would be at 101% stocked with the addition of these 2 and well over 100% filtration (~140% I think) and I also do about a 20% water change every 2 weeks.

Cory cats shoal not school. While cory's prefer to shoal with their own species they most certainly go around with other species of cory cats. So if you want to get the two they will be fine with what you already have.

Rivercats, if you don't mind me asking, what's the difference between shoaling and schooling? I have always thought they were interchangeable.

Rivercats, if you don't mind me asking, what's the difference between shoaling and schooling? I have always thought they were interchangeable.

Shoaling is when a group of fish that stay together for social reasons, often they like to forage or just hang out together but they also go off on their own. Schooling is when a group is swimming in the same direction in a coordinated manner. Schooling fish stay in tight groups all the time with individuals rarely straying from the safety of the school.

Back
Top Bottom