Bert’s Ada gardens

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Goodbye! What are you going to do with all those awesome plants?

I’m using a few in the 60h and a few in the 60p but majority will be thrown on the compost! Seems like a huge shame but there really isn’t many people in the planted tank hobby where I live [emoji37]

You could post them on the classifieds here and just ask $15 for the cost of postage. With a disclaimer about extreme cold and hoping the postal service doesn’t sit your box on an ice block. Lol

You could post them on the classifieds here and just ask $15 for the cost of postage. With a disclaimer about extreme cold and hoping the postal service doesn’t sit your box on an ice block. Lol

Haha I’m in aus so the only person on this forum I know of is dela that I could post them too. Not allowed to post world wide due to qt laws [emoji37]

Worth a try for store - I was surprised but they took mine.

Yes, sadly - hard to do much with plant leftovers except compost.

Worth a try for store - I was surprised but they took mine.

Yes, sadly - hard to do much with plant leftovers except compost.

Are you interested in any at all dela? Free of charge obviously. You’d just have to pay postage [emoji16][emoji16]

Possibly tempting! Got anything that doesn’t need substrate? I’m sticking with just enough to cover tank bottom for now.

Possibly tempting! Got anything that doesn’t need substrate? I’m sticking with just enough to cover tank bottom for now.

Needle leaf java and that’s about it for shallow substrate [emoji23] I’ve always had 2-3 inch of substrate so I’d say most of the plants I have require at least 1 inch depth [emoji37]

Basically getting rid of all the plants apart from the buce, anubias nana, ludwigia gladulosa and the hygro guinea

Oh well - thanks for thinking of me. Tempting, have to keep reminding myself I want to keep it shallow and get discus some stage.

Plants arrived yesterday so I had a big day of pulling the tank down and rescaping. The 60h is now a Dutch tank! Really excited for the grow in!
Plant list of finished tank:
Rotala macranda “green”
Ludwigia glandulosa
Pogostemon helfari
Hc Cuba
Bylxa japonica
Ludwigia ovalis
Lindernia sp green
Microcarpea minimia
Proserpinica. palustris
Mayaca fluviatilis
Hygro guinea
Bucephalandra

Considering a spray bar with the new setup for abit more even flow. I’ll have to see how it goes as the plants get larger.

I’ve uncovered some BGA that’s been living in the deeper sections of the substrate (gets direct sunlight from a window) so I will have to deal with that ASAP.

Overall happy with the design and excited for times ahead [emoji16][emoji7]

https://i.loli.net/2018/03/22/5ab2d44f131df.jpg

https://i.loli.net/2018/03/22/5ab2d44b8b5a4.jpg

Looking good. I should put my drop checker lower down as well.

Thanks dela [emoji16] yea I’ve always had mine a few inches off the substrate. Tanks still very cloudy [emoji37] replaced the polishing wool in the skimmer this morning and I’ll have to do a filter clean at the end of the week and we should be crystal clear again [emoji16]

Thanks bandit [emoji106] and yea dela just waiting for it to settle abit and I’ll rake the front [emoji16]

Back
Top Bottom