Betta tank question!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JourReve08

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I currently have my betta in a too small 1.5 gallon tank with a little whisper filter and he seems pretty unhappy. He is a replacement for my last betta which was nipped to death in what I thought was a peaceful 10 gallon community tank. One of my mollys become over-aggressive towards all of my fish and has now been re-homed. Pretty awful experience. I'd really like to upgrade my betta tank. I was thinking of getting a 5 gallon kit, but I realized they are about the same price as 10 gallon tank kits (which is kind of annoying haha). So I was thinking if I'm going to get another 10 gallon for my betta I'd like to get some tank mates. I know neons usually do well with betta, but I'm not really interested in them. Any other suggestions? Maybe a school of cherry barbs and a few corys? Thanks!

It all depends on your Betta. Mine gets along with corys and snails, another with glowlight tetras and corys, and another with ADF'S. You'll want to avoid anything with showy long fins similar to a Betta.

Otoculous Catfish are also nice tankmates for bettas. But like brennae said its about the personality. I was able to have a betta peacefully live with a dwarf gourami bolivian ram and longfin danios, even though most people say they are not compatible.

Most species that don't look similar to a male or female betta are fine. Black skirts are incompatible since they're nippy. Most tetras get along well, I have mine in with a shrimp and a snail.

Back
Top Bottom