Complete Tank Rescape!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Okay, so I'm pretty sure that my rams spawn of eggs got some type of fungus on them. They have a white coat over top all of them and they look all mushed together. It's been a little over 48 hours since they laid the eggs, so Im pretty sure they're bad.

What should I do?

Should I remove the eggs?

Hello warrior,
So sorry about losing your ram's eggs. A lot of species will eat their spawn when they realize their bad. I'm not sure about rams as they are reputed to be very good parents. I've had many Angelfish spawns go bad as their water has to be so perfect. Very frustrating though. If they don't eat them in the next 24 hrs, remove them.
Just the fact that you got them to spawn is a statement on your excellent fish keeping.
WTG.
OS.

Hello warrior,
So sorry about losing your ram's eggs. A lot of species will eat their spawn when they realize their bad. I'm not sure about rams as they are reputed to be very good parents. I've had many Angelfish spawns go bad as their water has to be so perfect. Very frustrating though. If they don't eat them in the next 24 hrs, remove them.
Just the fact that you got them to spawn is a statement on your excellent fish keeping.
WTG.
OS.

Alright thanks for the advice! Hopefully once I think out my stock, and lower the Ph the survival rate will be higher. My tank has plenty of flow so I don't know how they got a fungus :(

Warrior, I need your advice. I tried to put a picture under my name as an avatar but it did not take. How did you get yours on? Thanks, OS.

Warrior, I need your advice. I tried to put a picture under my name as an avatar but it did not take. How did you get yours on? Thanks, OS.

First off, are you on the computer or on an iPhone app?

If your using an iPhone app, you can just tap the blank face icon on your profile and then something should pop up saying "take picture" or "choose from library." Then just pick out a picture and press done.

If your on the computer, correct me if I wrong other users but I think you go to a tab that says "user cp" and it will let you edit everything :)

Beautiful Ram, Mrs.h and hello. OS.

Thank you :) I'm just a bit proud of her :) I only had her for a while because of aggression issues and I took a chance about a month ago on adding another ram and after a day of the one in profile chasing the new one and a little re arranging... so far so good thankfully :) hoping I managed to get a male and they end up breeding!

So, what stock are you planning on having? Also, you reeeeeeeaaaaaallllllyyyyyyy need to upgrade to a 55G within a few months. IMO would save your money and start a 55 and not put too much money into your 26. Those angels are going to be stunted and so cramped. If you're not getting aggression now, you will later, and you will probably have some fish be killed in the near future.

Sorry.

Bad news guys. My white angel dies this morning :( not sure why? I think it's from starvation cause she didn't eat for the 3 days I had her and she may not of ate at the store either. Ill be taking him back for a refund or exchange later today.

So, what stock are you planning on having? Also, you reeeeeeeaaaaaallllllyyyyyyy need to upgrade to a 55G within a few months. IMO would save your money and start a 55 and not put too much money into your 26. Those angels are going to be stunted and so cramped. If you're not getting aggression now, you will later, and you will probably have some fish be killed in the near future.

Sorry.

I will be getting a 55 gal soon! No doubt. The 26 is just a grow out.

If you go back a couple pages, you can find the stock list. :)

I do wanna make a few changes to it though an will post them once school is out :)

I will be getting a 55 gal soon! No doubt. The 26 is just a grow out.

If you go back a couple pages, you can find the stock list. :)

I do wanna make a few changes to it though an will post them once school is out :)

You will LOVE your 55! I upgraded from a 30 to 55 not to long ago. I'm used to it now... Kinda lol. Im still in amazement I actually have a big tank like I've always wanted!

You will LOVE your 55! I upgraded from a 30 to 55 not to long ago. I'm used to it now... Kinda lol. Im still in amazement I actually have a big tank like I've always wanted!

Yeah I can't wait! Bigger tanks bring up so many more stock options :)

How should I remove the bad GBR eggs? The fish did not eat them.

OMG !!! So I got back home from school today and I found the other angel dead?!?! He was stuck to the filter intake? I have no clue what was happening ? All my parameters are in check ? The only other thing could be from aggression ?!!

image-2215247578.jpg

:( :(

I may have missed this, but have you had the angel for long? Has it ever acted weird?

Back
Top Bottom