Eggy's fish and tanks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Un ghetto that lamp and stop eletrocuting yourself:p

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I have a current satellite on the way. It'll probably show up today hah.
I was more worried about the fish but they seemed like they had no clue what was happening so I guess it was just me that got hit. Freaked me out cause I don't wanna zap the fishies. I unplugged and remove it right away so no chance of more malfunctions.

I overfilled my 75 one time and scrambled to clean up the water. Realized everything was still plugged in. I grabbed the power strip and was nailed. Then it started smoking lol I feel your pain

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Yikes!!!

Light hasn't shown up yet so this tank is stuck with a flashlight for now
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1449093451.440012.jpg

I adore your git r done! Hope the light comes soon. :(

Let's talk about culls...have a few...no way can I...well...cull them. They're too big now to be predated. Can't sell them. Wanna break down the tank. Should I just offer them up for free to someone as snack fish? Makes me sad :( I know if I breed I'm responsible but let's face it I won't even squish spiders. I free them to the great outdoors.

Let's talk about culls...have a few...no way can I...well...cull them. They're too big now to be predated. Can't sell them. Wanna break down the tank. Should I just offer them up for free to someone as snack fish? Makes me sad :( I know if I breed I'm responsible but let's face it I won't even squish spiders. I free them to the great outdoors.

Culls of what?

Sent from my XT830C using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Culls of what?

Sent from my XT830C using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Shell dwellers maybe? There was a posts several pages back mentioning that some of the fry had deformed jaws and one with an odd pigment.

Same, won't kill things unless absolutely necessary. Why don't you send them to me? :D I honestly have no idea what you should do with them, maybe distribute them around some of the tanks with bigger fish and see if any survive. If not then the fish are fed.

Shell dwellers maybe? There was a posts several pages back mentioning that some of the fry had deformed jaws and one with an odd pigment.

Fresh you are the master rememberer. Yes it's shelldweller fry with messed up jaws. I couldn't tell until they developed further.

Same, won't kill things unless absolutely necessary. Why don't you send them to me? :D I honestly have no idea what you should do with them, maybe distribute them around some of the tanks with bigger fish and see if any survive. If not then the fish are fed.

Problem is they're too big for anything else to want to eat and I can't knowingly do that myself :(

Well.. Have you considered a cat? :| Maybe post as Oscar food on CL?

My cat won't eat the fish. He's left jumpers on the floor to be potato chips. I'm thinking I may just have to advertise as live food. So sad.

Just did a WC on the cory tank and they're being all dancy. The aspidoras think the lone brochis is one of their breeding females and they chase it relentlessly, hilarious.
I really don't know why these guys won't breed. It's seriously aggravating.
For anyone who's bred cories, how difficult do you find the following species?: aspidoras, trilineatus, metae, arcuatus, ambiacus, Delphax, zygatus, rabauti, black schwartzi, pygmaeus, Habrosus.

My habrosus bred like once when I first got 5 new ones.

Can these shell dwellers eat ok? I mean you could just give them to someone like NILS and he could have wet pets. I really dont cull either. If a fish is deformed I just let it live it's life until it dies from the deformity. I feed them like normal. Maybe less expensive food. I have a whole tank of guppies I will never sell.

I do euthanize fish if they are clearly dying and struggling. To be eaten alive by other fish would be horrible.
I spend so much time observing my fish Everytime I feed them, it takes me an hour just to feed!
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Trilineatus are the only cories I've successfully bred.

What other species have you kept?
I've been able to breed aeneus, trilineatus, metae, and aspidoras. The zygatus and arcuatus are too young. The Delphax & ambiacus have a poor sex ratio but I cannot get the pygmaeus, rabauti, Habrosus, or schwartzi to breed. Schwartzi may not yet be at sexual maturity either though. However I have good groups and sex ratios with the others just no eggs...wondering if they're generally more difficult or what. I have seen that some more problematic ones respond well to live tubifex but I haven't seen any around. I've varied feeding and water change schedules but haven't found the right trigger yet I guess.

What other species have you kept?
I've been able to breed aeneus, trilineatus, metae, and aspidoras. The zygatus and arcuatus are too young. The Delphax & ambiacus have a poor sex ratio but I cannot get the pygmaeus, rabauti, Habrosus, or schwartzi to breed. Schwartzi may not yet be at sexual maturity either though. However I have good groups and sex ratios with the others just no eggs...wondering if they're generally more difficult or what. I have seen that some more problematic ones respond well to live tubifex but I haven't seen any around. I've varied feeding and water change schedules but haven't found the right trigger yet I guess.

Just habrosus and pygmaeus, I'm more of a loach person. The trilineatus spawns were actually a nice surprise way back when I first got into the hobby. Had no idea what I was doing...never when you're prepared and trying, you know? :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom