Eggy's fish and tanks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lost my c. Elegans and one of the new farlowellas, neither looked particularly healthy when I got them so no real surprise but disappointed nonetheless.
In other news I thought I had 2 aspidoras fry but magically 6 have appeared and I still have one egg cooking. None of the other cories are actively spawning at the moment which is aggravating but I will keep trying!

Bleeh having problems with my multis now. Been in QT for a few weeks and one just died today. Lumpy and pale. Gotta figure out what's going on.
Found an aspidoras fry in the cory tank so that means at least one egg hatched on it's own and survived...cool!
4 fry still in the fry tank. No new eggs.
All the cories in the rehab tank are recovering their barbels and looking good.
No other news. Still deciding on the 150g....

Can I ship you some cory eggs?! Nothing exotic just albino aeneus but I have pulled 4 batches of eggs this week. Today's spawn was over 100 eggs. I'm not super careful so I lose quite a few slipping out of my fingers but geez. If they actually all make it this time where will I put them. Lol

I've been told that farlowellas are hard to keep fed when young because they consume so much algae type stufd.

What's the potential stock for the 150g if you get it?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Sorry to hear about the fish :( DOn't worry about it, just move on from it.
How are those skrimpies coming along? (If you know what I'm sayin :brows: )

I've been told that farlowellas are hard to keep fed when young because they consume so much algae type stufd.

The problem is, they need to be thought of as a giant oto. They eat aufwuchs, biofilm and chew on wood a bit too.

I'd like to have a few but I need to do a lot of reading venture very carefully. Definitely would not be a seat of my pants purchase like i usually do

Farowella a are really cool and I like them but I need a bigger footprint and need to do way more research-Got offered 19 bucks for an albino Royal farowella good price or bad? Cool fish tho difficult or easy

Sent via the power of my aching thumbs

Well my first farlowella was an impulse buy...and for knowing nothing when I got it I haven't had any problems. Stuck some wood in the tank and that's about it. I do a lot of veggies in that tank since they're with the silver dollars and they seem to really enjoy cucumbers.
Nils - sorry for the delay! Work has been crazy and I'm a full time grad student and planning my sisters wedding so please be patient with me :) I won't fail you...the days just go so fast!
Bren if I could get that kind of egg yield I would be so excited! I have space just unwilling cories. I am getting a pound of live blackworms at my next club meeting so we will see how that goes!

Farowella a are really cool and I like them but I need a bigger footprint and need to do way more research-Got offered 19 bucks for an albino Royal farowella good price or bad? Cool fish tho difficult or easy

Sent via the power of my aching thumbs

Aquabid the albinos go for about $25 each. I've been watching them. Shhhh

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Well my first farlowella was an impulse buy...and for knowing nothing when I got it I haven't had any problems. Stuck some wood in the tank and that's about it. I do a lot of veggies in that tank since they're with the silver dollars and they seem to really enjoy cucumbers.
Nils - sorry for the delay! Work has been crazy and I'm a full time grad student and planning my sisters wedding so please be patient with me :) I won't fail you...the days just go so fast!
Bren if I could get that kind of egg yield I would be so excited! I have space just unwilling cories. I am getting a pound of live blackworms at my next club meeting so we will see how that goes!

I feed mine mostly live and a mix of frozen bloodworms, brine shrimp and daphnia. Hikari sinking wafers and sometimes I feed white worms. I have a breeding group of at least 15 maybe 17 corys. Only 2 are from fry I raised. I have extra tanks just no stand and heaters. I'm always short heaters. I just hope the albinos remain popular or I'm going to be sorry!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I'm always short heaters too...my food mix is almost exactly the same but in lieu of hikari I feed NLS Thera and cobalt pellets. Problem is I have hard water and the ph is high so that could be the problem.

I use IAL. I just put fresh in the tank last week. I'm wondering if this influenced spawning.

^^^ ...be right back...
I've actually put in a leaf of IAL a few days ago in a new holding tank for shrimp and moss. Getting some more IAL this week.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Havnt noticed a difference in smell??only use a couple though. Think I'm going to load up.the 75 so standby

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

No worries! I completely get it, don't worry! I was just asking :)

I love cory's, but some kind of disease wiped all mine out.....not going to try them again for a while.

Where do you guys get the IAL? Haven't tried them but I'll give anything a go at this point.
Thought about RO but I don't wanna make it super complicated. Was reading up on bottled spring water but it doesn't seem like there's ph or mineral consistencies even across the same brand and I'm scared.

Well I didn't succeed on my fish hiatus.
Came home from the club meeting with a trio of cryptoheros cutteri. Also got my pound of blackworms!

Well I didn't succeed on my fish hiatus.
Came home from the club meeting with a trio of cryptoheros cutteri. Also got my pound of blackworms!

I likey! What are they living in?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom