Eggy's fish and tanks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Having a bad day.
And the cutteri babies have disappeared. Would they eat them? I'm confused. Never bred any SA/CA cichlids so I don't know when young become free swimming or maybe they're hiding I don't have a clue. Mom doesn't seem to be doing any guarding anymore.
Also having issues with my multi tank. I came home today and 4 gallons had evaporated from the tank. It's got a glass lid but it's next to a poorly sealed glass slider so I don't know if the weather is just causing the water to disappear into the air. Weird. Anyway freaked me out cause the evap left an exposed heater.

4 gallons evaporated!? Are you sure it isn't a leak? I'm originally from CT and I never had 4 gallons evaporate in a day in any tank except maybe my 150 gallon.

I don't think so...it's on my desk with papers and nothing is wet so unless it's like some sneaky trickle somewhere....guess I better double check haha I probably sound like the biggest idiot right now

Wow I really am stupid. O ring in the aquaclear must be bad it's been dripping behind the tank onto the floor. Thanks for saying that sini cause my head is totally not in the game today.

Good catch sini!
Wish I could help with your cutteri but I am still playing with rams...
Watch where the fish(pair) are ..
If the pair has moved the fry(they all think they are sneaky...) one of them will be guarding...
Good luck!

Wow I really am stupid. O ring in the aquaclear must be bad it's been dripping behind the tank onto the floor. Thanks for saying that sini cause my head is totally not in the game today.

No worries! I've had that happen, it's the worst :banghead: Hope things get better.

Is that the one you got from me? Hope not ?
Glad you found the source.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

No it wasn't Fresh, came with the tank from auction.
Pulled it apart cleaned it and put it back together and now it's magically not leaking. The o ring is in pristine shape. I have no clue what happened.
But of course I have dark carpet and didn't notice, so the entire underneath of my 35 is also wet along with all the fish supplies I had under there. Blaaaah.

No it wasn't Fresh, came with the tank from auction.
Pulled it apart cleaned it and put it back together and now it's magically not leaking. The o ring is in pristine shape. I have no clue what happened.
But of course I have dark carpet and didn't notice, so the entire underneath of my 35 is also wet along with all the fish supplies I had under there. Blaaaah.

Phew!
Towels and fans...stat! Hope the damage is not too bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Nah it's fine. Carpet is on a concrete slab with mold inhibitors and none of the electrical stuff was hit. Luckily I bought a steam cleaner a few months back so I just sucked up the water the best I could and I have fans going.
The stuff I stored under the 35 was all plastic breeder boxes, bags, containers, stuff like that so no big deal

Debating my tank situation.
I'm getting a 150, I wanted to do frontosa but I really want to consolidate some of what I've got going on too....just don't know how at the moment.
I could put my SDs, tetras, farlowella, swordtail, angelfish, oddball cories and garra in the 150, hatchets in the 30, move the cutteri and loaches to the 55, relocate Habrosus, pygmaeus, and otos to the 30...get rid of the betta sorority and move all the plants. that would leave me with 4 empty tanks (35 hex, 40b, 15l, 15h) Hmmm. I guess if I do that I should just put my cories in the 40b...I just realized I have 91 cory cats trying to figure this out.
If anyone is local I would be possibly willing to part with my boraras maculatus. Can't really ship stuff anymore it costs way too much to send anything outta here and I need to start making some money back instead of emptying my pockets haha.

Yeah problem is I usually don't mind giving some stuff away if the buyer pays shipping...but how can I ask someone to pay $13 for a tiny box of plants? It seems silly...if that were me I would just get something locally. I don't know if it's just the UPS place I use or what but they're the only one in the area that will handle fish.

Yeah problem is I usually don't mind giving some stuff away if the buyer pays shipping...but how can I ask someone to pay $13 for a tiny box of plants? It seems silly...if that were me I would just get something locally. I don't know if it's just the UPS place I use or what but they're the only one in the area that will handle fish.

Not everyone has good variety locally and only paying shipping to a fellow AA is much preferable to paying $5 per stem plus $8 shipping IMO.

Back
Top Bottom