Favorite freshwater fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
adadkins1 said:
1) BN Pleco: My boy is such a character, he will let me hand feed him an algae wafer. He also does an awesome job at keeping my tank spic and span.

2) Dwarf Gourami: My DG is mostly friendly with only a few territorial issues. Other than that I couldn't ask for a better community fish.

My BN seems to be only nocturnal...what's your secret?

Man... I can't decide! Lol. Here are my top 4, all tied for first lol.

Starlight bristlenose pleco (I love the colors)

Orange laser cories (love the colors, and well... They're cories! What's not to love?)

Rainbow shark (my first ever fish. This fish was the reason I Joined this site!)

Bolivian ram (amazing colors, amazing personalities... What's not to love lol?)

I don't currently have any if these fish right now, but other then the rainbow shark, all 3 others are soon to be residents of my new 29 gallon!

i would love to own orange laser cories but i have no idea where to get one. my local petstore doesnt sell them..

My favorite is the Super Red Asian Arowana. It's illegal in the U.S. I hope they'll lift the ban so I can have this fish. :) they are worth thousands. They say that arowanas gives you luck.

Attachments

• image-2244233269.jpg
    image-2244233269.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 113
roydooms said:
My favorite is the Super Red Asian Arowana. It's illegal in the U.S. I hope they'll lift the ban so I can have this fish. :) they are worth thousands. They say that arowanas gives you luck.

Wow! That thing looks fake :) looks like it should be installed in a shrine!

My BN seems to be only nocturnal...what's your secret?

Yes, mine is mostly nocturnal, but he will come out from time to time during the day. To hand feed him I will just soak an algae wafer for a minute in the tank water then ease it towards him. He comes up to my hand and starts gobbling it right up. It has taken him a couple weeks to get used to the tank though.

I have a few favorites in my tank.

#1 in my tank is my Eureka Red.
#2 fish in my tank is my Lwanda.
#3 is a toss up between my Blue Dorsel Flavescent or my Sunshine.
All these guys are peacocks.

My favorite fish I own has to be my yellow tail acei. He is a dark bluish purple. He gets along with evrybody in the tank and is always swimming happily. He always comes up to the glass when we walk by and comes to the surface to suck on your fingers during feeding. He is definitely the most interesting fish I've ever owned :)

I have to say I ADORE my two cockatoo apistos...I pretty much talk about them when ever I get the chance! They are like my little water puppies :) this is a pick o my baby girl...she is feisty, and don't even think about lookin at her when she has eggs! Haha :)

That second pic is sooooo cute.

So far my favorates are malawi cichlids! They are so much fun and everyone is unique!

It's gotta be my blood pigeon discus. He stopped eating for close to 2 months for no reason now he is back to eating the most again. He earned his spot lol

My Clown loaches. So entertaining! They spend all day chasing each other or sleeping in a pile on their sides.

Attachments

• image-3434315455.jpg
    image-3434315455.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 69
Back
Top Bottom