Help me change my substrate..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
As long as each section of lotus had roots then they will grow. Not long ago I found my original Red tiger lotus bulb in the 220g. I got it back in the light and within 2 days it was growing. A week later I went to move the bulb and a small part of the plant pulled off. It had 3 leaves and tiny roots. I planted it and it's growing like a weed along with the bulb.

Yea the section that broke off has no bulb but it does have 4 leaves and a bunch of roots.

Tank is still cloudy, just did a 50% water change.. that didn't help.. Guess I'll just keep doing water changes and wait it out... BTW is there anyway to "plug" my power head up so snails don't crawl where the water gets sucked and die ? I have one of those power heads that sit on a UGF tube since I obviously removed the UGF. Im still using the powerhead to circulate water though.. I woke up this morning and my large mystery snail was where the water gets sucked through and he was stuck.. I pulled it off and hes just laying on the bottom of the tank now.. Hasn't moved I hope he isn't dead... Btw that clown vomit comment made me laugh.. I never thought of colored rocks like that lol

One last picture... before and after

img_2667233_0_458ce0b673a7c053de7e87f0638d6a76.jpg

img_2667233_1_27ffcacfc6b00248bbb23ec9018fe59f.jpg

You should be able to find a sponge cover for the bottom of the PH. What brand do you have? Some brands make a sponge attachment for their PH's but others that don't make their own sponge attachments you have to find one that will work.

Man my mystery snail still hasn't moved.. I guess it killed him.. I dunno ... his shell is open a little and I can see a tentacle moving around but I dunno... that sucks !! He was cool too super fast... I have some extra blue sponge like stuff that came with my UV light ill tie that on the PH with some of that twisting wire from bread bags.

My power head is 14 years old.. it just says power head 201 on it.. It isn't very strong.. and I don't need strong for this circular type of tank just enough to gently move the water... From what I dug online the Hagen Aquaclear 20 is suppose to be the 201's equivalent.

You can try using what you have but don't use bread ties, you'd be better off using a clear zip tie or thread. Something that doesn't have metal in it.

Fishing string works great run it under real hot water and itll be fine...

Well apparently my snail didn't die.. once the lights went off he started moving around

If you ever think you have a dead snail after a day or 2 of it not moving you can pull the snail out and smell it...youll know immediately its terrible...if it smells fine just put it back and check again...

Back
Top Bottom