Ironworker's 1'st 28 nano HQI

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey you don't need purple up it's just calcium if you dose it already then u will just screw up ur water Chem ur calcium will b way too high and you won't have any alki IMO it's a waste of 20 bucks you should and see if they can't get you brightwell aquatics nano code A + B when you use both it has every thing you need for your reef and all of my corals love it and I grow the good algae like crazy and nvr used purple up. I hope this helps man
thanks for the info i was leaning towards not buying it but thanks for clearing that up but i am not dosing anything yet .....im almost done with my cycle i think ....

what should i dose i dont really know anything about salt im kinda learning as i go??

soooooo i went to the LFS today to pick up a calcium and kh test kit and ended up getting a emerald crab....turbo snail and some other big snail i forgot the name but my camera was dead so i will get some pics tomorrow :)

thanks for the info i was leaning towards not buying it but thanks for clearing that up but i am not dosing anything yet .....im almost done with my cycle i think ....

what should i dose i dont really know anything about salt im kinda learning as i go??

About the salt..have you bought any yet? I am learning as I go along too. Are you going to go to the fish store and buy RO water? Or have you bought a unit yourself to make the water?

Get a really good croal salt you can buy on amazon it's red sea coral salt. Do a water change of 10% every week an you should be good. Also see if your store can't get you any thing from bright well aquatics and get nano code a and b it's the best I spent 30 bucks on 2 liters of it and u only add a cap ful per 10 gals every day and it really works.

update 8-12-11

so i got home from work and the air wasnt on and my tank was up to 84.9 (OMG) i know .......also my emerald crab was dead but the two snails are still alive...

i checked my water and everything was perfect except i had 0-.25 amonia..

do you think it was the heat that killed it ??

It could have been a number of things I have had my tank go up to almost 90 and nothing died it just depends on the animal

It could have been a number of things I have had my tank go up to almost 90 and nothing died it just depends on the animal
good to know im hoping it was sick or whatever when he sold it to me....hey what would be the best CUC

I'd stay away from crabs they will eat everything corals fish etc.. I have about 9 hermit crabs 4 snails also look at getting a shrimp.
And when I say I stay away from crabs I mean like emerald crabs and such that's IMO though

Interesting choice of corals and fish stock. I might suggest something with a little more color

Interesting choice of corals and fish stock. I might suggest something with a little more color
like what ??? fish im staying with the two clowns and the cardnial not sure about the last fish maybe a warsse carpenter flasher ??

and corals i know i want a hammer , torch , polyps, maybe frogspawn,gsp,and up for more suggestions

update 8-13-11

well i had a ghetto fix for the temp lol i used my little colman light/fan which dropped the temp down to 80.3 lol

......BUT..... i ordered a korilia 425 since i will be getting a mp10 for x-mas then i ordered 2 maxi 1200's and the azoo twin cooling fan which should look a little better than the camping fan hahahaha......

Attachments

• IMG_0169.jpg
    IMG_0169.jpg
    214.7 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_0170.jpg
    IMG_0170.jpg
    154.3 KB · Views: 64
  • koralia-nano.jpg
    koralia-nano.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 65
  • azfan.jpg
    azfan.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 59
Very cool, though you are gonna get ALOT if cuc. lol I've always ordered half my tank size and find thats a better fit

Very cool, though you are gonna get ALOT if cuc. lol I've always ordered half my tank size and find thats a better fit
ohhh no do you think there will be so much that they die off from lack of food ????

i wonder if i can change my order after it is finalized ???

Also I think you might have two much flow into ur tank u have a 28gal right? If you order two maxi 1200 that's 2400gph right plus the 425 for the powerhead that's way to much flow into the tank. Here is my best advice get two of the smallest pumps u can ur water only needs to go through the filter twice per hour that higher the flow the faster the water moves in and out of ur filter system. If it moves. Slower through the filter the longer the flilter system can clean the water. Your power head will b enough water movement along with that mp10 ur getting. I hope this makes a lil sense I just don't want you to waste all of ur money and all create a hurricane inside your tank

The MJ1200's are only about 284 gph I believe. It's recommended to have 10 X the tank volume per hour in flow. :)

I have my return pump of 200gph and I use either Koralia 425 or a koralia 750 and it seems to be fine. No fish are having any trouble with it.

Also I think you might have two much flow into ur tank u have a 28gal right? If you order two maxi 1200 that's 2400gph right plus the 425 for the powerhead that's way to much flow into the tank. Here is my best advice get two of the smallest pumps u can ur water only needs to go through the filter twice per hour that higher the flow the faster the water moves in and out of ur filter system. If it moves. Slower through the filter the longer the flilter system can clean the water. Your power head will b enough water movement along with that mp10 ur getting. I hope this makes a lil sense I just don't want you to waste all of ur money and all create a hurricane inside your tank
ya i think the maxi 1200 are 295 x2 and a 425 korilia so all together i will have 1015 which will be fine.....

Yeah I must have misread for some reason I thought they were 1200gal per hour a piece idk why I thought that but I have seen ppl do crazy stuff like that

so i went to the LFS and picked up a spotted cardinal and [SIZE=+1]Flourescent Green
Bulb Anemone :)

[/SIZE]
will post some pics tomorrow

Back
Top Bottom