Low-Tech 10g Planted Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mystery Plant

Go back to the page before to see the other pics ;)

Here's a plant or something that has sprung up around my crypt. Anyone have any idea what it is?

IMG_3001.JPG

IMG_3002.JPG

Full Album: 10g Tank

Whoa looks really cool. Both the tank and the mystery plant. Can you pull some of it up for a better shot?
It looks like it's eleocharis sp. But it also kinda looks like it's branching. The picture is too dark to see.
Anyways, nice progress. My tank looks like a green mess right now as I've gone into the back-to-school collect and grow-out stage.

So, I'm understandably jealous of anything well maintained lol.

Haha thank you, means a lot. I'll try to do that later. Someone on APC said it was a crypt root but I'm not so sure. I understand the school part, I pretty much only have time on the weekends to do anything with it.

Here's some pics that, for some reason, didn't get uploaded last night:
IMG_2993.JPG

IMG_2989.JPG

Mystery Plant:
IMG_2990.JPG

I took some of that mystery plant out and put a little in my rubbermaid experiment (mwahahaha lol) and a little in my 2.5g. Here are some pics:

IMG_3006.JPG

IMG_3008.JPG

IMG_3003.JPG

:( sounds like what happened to my cardinals...2 random deaths with no signs of why..

Thinking about buying some CO2 proof tubing, a couple check valves (I'll have to go with plastic, but I'll probably change them out each year or so), and a GH/KH test kit this evening, maybe even a nerite. Guess we'll have to see :) Think an olive nerite could handle priority mail from CA? They're pretty tough snails aren't they?

Thinking about buying some CO2 proof tubing, a couple check valves (I'll have to go with plastic, but I'll probably change them out each year or so), and a GH/KH test kit this evening, maybe even a nerite. Guess we'll have to see :) Think an olive nerite could handle priority mail from CA? They're pretty tough snails aren't they?

Are you moving?

I've ordered shrimp for a friend that came from CA to PA. No DOAs and they are all doing fine to this day. I'd say shrimp are less hardy than snails.

For what it's worth, a baby nerite from MG managed to survive in a plant package with practically no water for 3-ish days in the mail. That was cali to cali though, so I can't vouch for KY. They do seem pretty tough though.

Only thing I don't like is that they'll drop them off and I'll be at school, so they'll probably be put in the car while I'm gone but it still might would be ok.

So I haven't updated this in forever because of all the school work I've had lately but not much has changed. Fish still good, plants still pretty good, hair algae still a PITA and co2 still a no-go. I won't know whether I'll be able to do co2 or not until March-April.

Actually no ferts, but thanks! I'll have to put up some updated pics later (even though I'm plagued with the nasty hair algae (blech! lol).

Back
Top Bottom