My 36 gallon bow front (all in one) thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The 36 gallon bow front IS tall. 21 inches tall to be exact. And im not interested in breeding fish, I was planning on two male or two female angels. Just thought id clear that up.

Sharkbait54 said:
Ya I think your good on filtration.

Ok. Good. Im glad to hear that. But my mom might even end up letting me get a 55 gallon used with stand... then I could get a fluval fx5 filter. :)

That's overkill I have a 54 bowfront and I use a xp3 rated for up to 90g I've seen fx5 on 125 gallon tanks. U might b ok with an fx 3 if there is one I'm not too familiar with them just look up how many gallons they are for.

Sharkbait54 said:
That's overkill I have a 54 bowfront and I use a xp3 rated for up to 90g I've seen fx5 on 125 gallon tanks. U might b ok with an fx 3 if there is one I'm not too familiar with them just look up how many gallons they are for.

There is no fx3. I like the fx5 cuz it has the water changer feature

Sharkbait54 said:
Som1 could prob correct me but I this the filter should circulate 3x how many gallon u have per hour....GPH

WellI like to overfilter.

maxwellag said:
WellI like to overfilter.

Also I don't think that's true because I have an aquaclear 30 on my ten gallon and it is perfect. But based on what you said I could put the same filter on a 50 gallon. (The filter is 150 gph)
Manufacturers over rate their filters, but not that much. The filter I am talking about is rated for up to 30 gallons.

What kinda 10 gallon? was it one of those kits? I wanna upgrade the filter in my marineland 10g kit but it has precut hole on the lid so idk if a diff. Filter will fit.

Sharkbait54 said:
What kinda 10 gallon? was it one of those kits? I wanna upgrade the filter in my marineland 10g kit but it has precut hole on the lid so idk if a diff. Filter will fit.

Mine is a tetra starter kit that came with a tetra pf10 filter and it wasn't satisfying me, and I had to buy special cartridges for it. So I upgraded to an aquaclear 30. It fit perfectly in the cut out hole... it was exactly the right size... about 5 inches long.

I'm just going to throw this out there, are you planning to get adult angels or baby angels? Or are you not sure yet?

absolutangel04 said:
I'm just going to throw this out there, are you planning to get adult angels or baby angels? Or are you not sure yet?

Not sure. Depends on what my local fish stores have

Not sure. Depends on what my local fish stores have
Ok, I'm just asking because baby angels are impossible to sex. You said you do not want a pair, but you will not be able to tell the genders of babies (or of most adults for that matter). You may want to just get 1 if you do not want them to pair. Or, you can get 2 and hope for the best. Just a thought.
BTW, we will answer, it just sometimes takes awhile. It takes me longer to read through your thread when I have to scan through a bunch of threads with you getting impatient. I know it is frustrating when you do not get a response immediately, but we will answer. The more posts I have to sort through, the harder it is to just answer the question you asked in the first place. :)

absolutangel04 said:
Ok, I'm just asking because baby angels are impossible to sex. You said you do not want a pair, but you will not be able to tell the genders of babies (or of most adults for that matter). You may want to just get 1 if you do not want them to pair. Or, you can get 2 and hope for the best. Just a thought.
BTW, we will answer, it just sometimes takes awhile. It takes me longer to read through your thread when I have to scan through a bunch of threads with you getting impatient. I know it is frustrating when you do not get a response immediately, but we will answer. The more posts I have to sort through, the harder it is to just answer the question you asked in the first place. :)

Ya I could just get two angels. I don't care if its a pair or not. If they end up being one of each gender then ill just get one ram

ok, I have the stock list all figured out.
x2 angels (preferably the same gender, so no pair)
x1 or 2 german blue ram (depends on if i get a pair of angels or not)
x2 bristle nose pleco
x6 glo fish
x6 cardinal tetra
Any suggestions/ changes you would make?
I have also figured out my plan for quarantining fish. :) I have an extra filter on hand that I can use on a 5 gallon bucket I have... ( i am getting a new heater for my ten gallon tank so I can use the old one) I will transfer some of the bio media from my (long time cycled) ten gallon tank. I am not sure that filter will work though, because it is a special one for the Fluval Chi. If that does not work, I can use a sponge filter or the filter that comes with the tank kit that I am getting, that I don't want to use on the tank.
Which fish should I get first? I was thinking either the glofish or cardinals... But I am only able to qt a maximum of 3 at a time, so I would have to slowly stock, and build up the schools. I am pretty sure I can buy young angels.

Sounds fine. It doesn't matter what order you add the tetras in, just add the angels last. You can just add your first school to the main tank and use that as a quarantine tank. Any new additions you can quarantine in the buckets. I think it would be ok to get 4 of the cards or glos at once and then add 2 more later. If you keep them for too long in an insufficient school, they may get stressed and that can induce problems. You can just go ahead and put 6 in the main tank as your first fish purchase. If they do have a disease that needs to be treated, just treat the whole tank. After all, they came from the same tank, so if one has it, the others were exposed and should be treated anyway. If you are more comfortable doing the bucket quarantine for everything, then do that. But I would still get 4 of the schoolers for the first batch to avoid stress.
Stocking sounds good.

Back
Top Bottom