My journey with my new 29 gallon long

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's the color temp I believe, anyways if you look on the box there will be a small grid line with the rating there. I'll post a pic in a bit

It's actually the bulbs color temp. I'll be a specific build and we'll be good!

Also, I need a new bulb for the actual tank light, how do I get one?

They sell flourecent tubes at hardware stores, you could also just grab one from an Lfs, a bit more money but it will def fit your fixture, again aim for 6500!

As long as it's between 5600/7000k

Eh, I've grown plants in plenty of tanks with 10k bulbs.

I don't really see how you're going to get much light penetration from a desk lamp over the tank when there is a light strip on top.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

So there is a small open slot in the back? I probably wouldn't bother to be honest. If your light is inadequate, budget for a new one (along with a glass top). Or, just replace the bulb and stick to java fern, java moss, and anubias, maybe some crypts if you pick up some root tabs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Here's my update!

Plants

I'm going to do a fair amount of Anuabis and Java French and moss. I'm going to do 2 or 3 crypts.
I'm going to do 2-3 caves and small Rockwell and a piece of driftwood also!

I'm going to keep the original lighting and in about a month grab a newer better lighting system.

I was kinda regretting my stock so I changed it. Here it is.

2 apistogramma agassizii
6 corydoras duplicareus
6 corydoras incolicana
6 harlequin rasboras

I'm open to any ideas/questions.

I've been looking for pool sand and gone to three different store, non had it. I'm going to order it online. How many pounds?

Thx - SuperGummy

Back
Top Bottom